temperature

1. Mike_90503

Navien NPE-240A Water Temperature Problem

Hello, I checked through this forum, but couldn't find anything that seemed to address my problem. Here are the details of my issue, what I have done to address it, and finally, my questions. Water heater details: Navien NPE-240A Installed December 2013 External re-circulation loop installed...
  2. Tangent

Best High setting on boiler aquastat

My boiler Aquastat is set to a High Temp limit of 180 F. Some folks say you get better efficiency by running at a slightly higher temp, like 190 F. What does your experience tell you? https://inspectapedia.com/heat/Aquastat_Settings.php ___ "Generally a heating boiler is more efficient if...
  3. amazer98

After ModCon Boiler install, should I upgrade baseboards?

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and have a question I was hoping you could answer. Six years ago my wife and I moved into this 1600sf condo in Maine. The heating system was an oil-fired boiler that fed into 4 zones-- one zone for each of the two bedrooms, one zone for the entire common area...
  4. Steve Garson

Delta Shower Valve won't go higher than 80 degrees

My contractor built a new bathroom, but we can't get the shower water hotter than 80 degrees, despite a water temp of 120. I have adjusted the hot limit plastic stop to the max, to no avail. I then removed the cartridge and turned on the water, with shower door closed. The two springs and...
  5. PiscesDragon212

How Well Do Water Chillers Work?

I live in an old apartment building built in the 1920s. I have an issue where my cold tap water takes 5-10 minutes to get cold. I'm thinking this might be due to the fact that the hot and cold water pipes are uninsulated and/or they're too close together. I don't think my building staff is going...
  6. Cadobe

Venting Navien Combi for high temperature design

From the manual on page 44: "In high temperature applications, the exhaust temperature can exceed 149°F (65°C). In that case, you must use Schedule 40 or 80 CPVC or Approved Polypropylene in the USA or Type BH Special Gas Vent Class IIB (CPVC) or Class IC (Polypropylene) that conforms to...
  7. guido

[SOLVED] Can't raise temp above 110 on Navien 240a

My wife took a shower in the bathroom right next to our tankless, and the handle is broken or something, she was screaming because of scalding water. So I run and turn down the tankless temp from 118 to 100. Afterwards I want to turn it back, but it sticks at 110. I figured some safety feature...
  8. JENNYc

Shower Problems - Black Rubber and Temp Issues

Hello. i recently purchased a house and the there seems to be issues with the shower. i will call a plumber but hoping someone on here can figure out what the problem might be. #1 - Black rubber pieces coming out of shower water source. They will clog up the shower head. if we take off the...
  9. Bogdan Gabriel

How do I cut off water from a radiator?

Ok, so recently I moved in to a dorm. I live in a small room, but with a huge radiator, that looks kind of like this: but with that knob on the upper side. Problem is that the knob is missing, and I can't turn off the water. It looks like this: Any idea how I can turn it off by hand, or...
  10. Snarf

New Water Heater Noise

I had a new electric 50 gallon water heater (Bradford White RE350T6) installed a few months ago. It makes a "refilling" noise for about 2-3 minutes after anytime hot water is used. This can be heard near any plumbing location throughout the house. The water heater itself is in the basement...
  11. Popa_Omero

Symmons Temptrol Shower Too Cool

My wife complains that the water in our shower is too cool. About a year ago I replaced the valve in this unit though I was unable to replace the valve seats as they were frozen and the loosening notches completely stripped out when I attempted to replace them. When I reassembled the unit I...
  12. Terry

Hansgrohe 04233xxS adjustments

I got these pictures from a friend, needing to adjust the hot stop for a Hansgrohe 04233xxS Without being there, it would see that the brass fitting on the end would need to be removed before the adjustment can be made. From the paper work I found online. This trim is for use with iBox...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks