sump pit

1. Ramias

Clear sump pump cover?

I’d like to replace my indoor basement sump pump cover with one that is transparent so I can visually inspect it without removing it. Mine has a 3 inch hole (I assume for a radon vent?) a 1 1/2 I ch hole (for discharge) and the hole for the float switch and power cables. The current lid is 21...
  2. Brendan Poirier

Sump pump plumbing

Hi everyone looking for some insight on how my sump pump is set up. I made a quick sketch to show how it is currently plumbed. The horizontal check valve you see in the photo is from the second sump pump which is at the rear of my house. It pumps to the front sump pump and its all tied together...
  3. Jamie2021

Why isn't manually draining my sump pump working?

I woke up to a piercing alarm - the sump pump water level was too high. We figured out the end of the discharge pipe was frozen outside so heated it by inserting a hose spraying hot water. The ice melted but the sump pit didn’t empty. I started trying to empty it with small pails but after 30...
  4. Zachry

Smelly sump pit, green die not present

Hey everybody, I have reached the end of my rope here. I have contacted a plumber and he put green die down my toilets to see if there was a leak somewhere into my drain tile, nothing. We have our slop sink (primary sink right now) and our washing machine that dumps into the sump pit. I know...
  5. Jason Kartman

Filled in sump pit...

I bought a house as is and I was ripping up carpet in the basement. I found what looks like a filled in pit with a pipe leading outside. There is also a standpipe right outside the house where the pipe exits. Can anyone tell me what this is? Or what it was?
  6. duhmojo

Sump basin that’ll squeeze into a narrow corner

Hi! I’m glad I stumbled upon this forum. It’s seems active and I’ve been disappointed with the info and products I’ve found online regarding sump basins. I have a cottage with a 12” below grade basement slab that I’m redoing. As part of this effort I’m planning a sump pit in the back corner...
  7. mbmsv

What should I do with this sump pump pit?

Hello experts, This is a repost from another forum where so far nobody has replied to me. I am hoping this is OK. I have this pit in my house and everything about it seems wrong but I am not sure how I can make it right. Please forgive my ignorance but I am not sure I even understand...
  8. logwolf

How to install new sump pump in shallow sump

I have a hole in my basement floor that is 13" deep x 11" in diameter. There is no sump pump system anywhere in the basement, so I assume that's what this hole is for. This basement has been dry through heavy rains and piles of snow, in the six years I have lived here. This house was built in...
  9. Gary Martinson

Weeping tile inlets to sump pit are sealed...

Hi, noob DIYer in NE Wisconsin here. I'm building my basement and as I'm going through I'm finding various issues. The latest is the sump pump. I had never heard it run, so I opened the sealed pit and it was bone dry, even after a bunch of rain over a week or so. I poured water in and, sure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks