solenoid

1. Minka22

Rainbird Solenoid (again)

I didn't see this issue on any other posts, so........ when I turn a solenoid "on" 1/4 turn, nothing happens, not for any of the four of them. 1/2 turn or 3/4 turn, still no water comes out of the sprinkler heads. How can this be? It's supposed to manually turn the water on. I know the water...
  2. EddyEddy

Valve hammering

I have a five valve irrigation system. Four of the five work perfectly. One, when it "turns on" (in sequence, it is the third zone of the five) knocks/hammers unstoppingly until I shut off the zone. Since the system is at least 15 years old, I suspect that particular valve is the problem. I can...
  3. William Cooley

Selectable Hot/Cold Solenoids for Bypass Humidifier

Thoughts on adding a second solenoid, plumbed to hot water, so that a bypass humidifier can run without the furnace (heat)? Each solenoid valve would be plumbed to hot or cold water. The output would union before entering the bypass humidifier. Ecobee thermostat set to "steam humidifier"...
  4. EastVan

Navien Tankless H/W Heater Clicking Sound Help

Navien CR-A 240 Tankless Hot Water Heater installed in 2010. Making an unusual clicking sound as heard in linked video. Has anyone heard anything like this? Sound appears to be coming from inlet flow adapter/flow adjustment valve/flow adjustment v/v pipe. Noise begins at 00:15 (sec) in video...
  5. davearonson

Humidifier only working part-time :-(

I have a bypass humidifier that is not doing its job. Even when the control is set on 50%, the indoor humidity can be quite low. During the cold snap we had in December and January (I'm in Virginia), it was about 25%, verified by my dehumidifier (and a cheap little humidity indicator). The...
  6. winni cheng

When Lightning Strikes, Thunderstorm Coming

Solenoid valve used in outside.When lightning strikes, thunderstorm coming, it will have a bad damage on irrigation systems. Years ago, electro-mechanical controllers and hydraulic systems were somewhat immune to lightning or electrical surges. With the advent of solid-state control products and...
  7. miro

Question: what kind of automated valve to shut off feed to cistern?

Hi, first posting after a lot of reading and learning from this forum. One thing I cant seem to figure out though: My situation: I have a well pump (Franklin/Grundfos) at about 60 meters (about 180 feet) that feeds a cistern and is activated through a floating switch in the cistern. It delivers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks