iron filter

1. diytaylor

Help + Advice Needed Please! Air Gap Leaking from Backwash Drain Lines

I live in a very rural area where there are almost zero reliable contractors/plumbers. Almost everyone I’ve hired over the last three years, I’ve had to redo some (or all) of their work. So I’ve relied on forums like this (THANK YOU!) and hundreds of hours of research to try and find decent...
  2. btPlumber

Backwashing a Manganese / Iron filter to septic

I have a minor iron / Manganese problem but no smell or taste issues. Recent water test: 142 mg/l (ppm) hardness Iron .071 mg/L Manganese .095 mg/L I’ve purchased a Pro-Aqua filter...
  3. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Hi, I just installed an Iron filter that backwashes every 2 weeks. ( up to 100 gallons ea ) My well tank and filter are in the basement. I'm also on a brand new septic system. I do not believe I should flush all the backwash through the septic system. I will be installing a French drain and if...
  4. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter backwash

Hi, I just installed an Iron filter that backwashes every 2 weeks. ( up to 100 gallons ea ) My well tank and filter are in the basement. I'm also on a brand new septic system. I do not believe I should flush all the backwash through the septic system. I will be installing a French drain and if...
  5. Joe Athwal

Clack Ws1 AIO iron filter conversion

Hey yall, I right now have a softener and iron breaker, both clack ws1 from charger water treatment products. They are also both 1.5 cubic ft. I have a relatively large house with a family a 5 and I want to upgrade my iron filter from a 1.5 cubic ft 10x54, to a 2.5 cubic ft 13x54. The injector...
  6. Minkus

Iron filter system loosing air?

Hi all, New to the forum and did some searching/research on the subject but came up a little short. Long story short, I recently bought this house and have a single tank iron/sulfur filter that loses its air pocket within minutes of the air draw cycle during regen. System specs: -12 GPM well...
  7. Bob Hartley

Well Water w/ Iron & IRB Treatment- Thoughts?

Hi guys - sorry, this is a long post. I have had three different water companies come out and quote me anywhere from $5,000 - $7,000 to solve my well water issues (I don't have that kind of money). Ever since then I have scoured the internet and lurked this forum, finally deciding to post to see...
  8. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thoughts on the Flexx Oxi-Gen Iron and Sulfur Filter

Last year I was searching for an iron filter (and water softener) and the common issue with the air injection style is that the valves get clogged from oxidized iron and need frequent cleaning/servicing. I never ended up picking one and that project got put on hold. I just did another search and...
  9. David Schmidt

Iron Removal by Water Softener (low hardness)

Hello, everyone. My wife and I will be ready to move into our new home in a few months. The water analysis for our well shows the following concentrations: TDS 610 ppm Conductivity 970 uS/cm Iron 1.67 ppm Hardness 7.33 ppm as CaCO3 (0.43 gpg) Calcium 2.22 ppm Magnesium 0.432 ppm Manganese...
  10. sdp

38GPG | 18PPM Iron | pH 7.5 | TDS 589 - Now what???

Hi guys, longtime lurker, first time poster. I was looking for DIY options to resolve my nasty iron and hydrogen sulfide issue (see headline). Everything I read online makes it seem like this much iron is going to be a constant battle of unclogging whatever unit I get, but I'm thinking the...
  11. Titan17

Whole house filter for 0.20 mg/L iron

First post here. I've come to this site many times in the past but couldn't find answer to my minor well water problem. Background info: shallow well, jet pump, 5 gpm flow, 1 bathroom/1 person home. Problem: disolved iron (0.20 mg/L) & low pH (6.2). Water test results by testing lab. All...
  12. MicoFish

Identify Fleck(?) filter valve and media leak issue

I replaced the media in our water softener (Fleck 5600) and iron filter (Fleck ???) a week or so ago and cleaned the valves, injectors, etc. This was the system already installed when we bought the house. I identified the softener as a 5600 and have a replacement piston, seals and spacers, brine...
  13. imadunatic

Convert old Kinetico tank to fleck air wash/iron filter system?

Thanks to the members of this forum I recently decided to replace our 15 year kinetico 2 tank with a Fleck 5600 SXT single tank system and now that it's programmed properly I am loving it. I recently noticed some Fleck 5600 and 2510 air inject systems being marketed as air wash, iron filters...
  14. goldcakes

Filox iron filter media leaking into pipe

We have a 6-year-old Filox iron filter with a Fleck 2510 control. I believe the tank is a Vortech. We have a sediment filter installed after the iron filter, and for the first time, there are some granules in it that I assume are the Filox media leaking out into the pipe. What could cause...
  15. Corman

Short cycling issue. Unsure if system is even set up correctly!

Hello folks. I'm hoping to get some advice here as the plumbers in my area that I've had out seem to not understand my rural water system. To start with, the actual problem I'm having is my pressure tank/well pump is short cycling. The stable (no draw) pressure is about 50 psi, but when there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks