electric

1. Justfixit

What happened to this water heater?

This 40 gal. electric Rheem water heater is only 4 years old. They called me because the tank was leaking. I've never seen one look like this. The lower element and thermostat almost look like they were on fire but the wires weren't burned at all. Can't tell if it's just from the water or if it...
  2. Tanner T

Which 220V to 120V Converter? - With Electrical Switch

Thank you for such a wonderful forum and community - this is not an advertisement post. I am truly looking for help and can remove these links once finished I am searching for a 220V converter that can support our product - however have been informed that because we are using an electrical...
  3. BrokeDIYer

Need help to convert single switch light to a 3-way switch light

Ok gang, need some electrical help! I've called some area electricians to help troubleshoot, but so far no call backs or they're a couple weeks out from being able to even come take a look. Working on my house still that I bought last year in central Illinois. Had two rooms (ok, one tiny room...
  4. Jim Em

Surging Hot/Cold Electric Tankless Water Heater

Recently I bought a electric tankless water heater, I have a hot/cold surging problem. PLEASE NOTE: this is an ELECTRIC TANKLESS SYSTEM. The system uses well water. OK, the inner workings of the heater There is no way to set the temperature There is no digital display on the heater It is a...
  5. JoeThomas

Best Light for Reading, Computer Office: Flat Panel or Dome/Global Light

We are thinking of installing new ceiling lights, in Standard 10 feet ceiling. We originally have 4 inch diameter light in the hallway. My son would keep the door open to prevent getting hot, however this hallway light was hitting the side, peripheral of his eye, very small and lot of light...
  6. Karen F.

High-pitched noise from water heater

My American electric hot water heater (with expansion tank) makes a high-pitched noise when outside spigots are only partially open. This happens with the dishwasher also as I guess there's restricted flow there as well. I've flushed the tank which didn't help and checked the tpr valve which...
  7. Fynall

Large water tanks or many small ones? (efficiency)

Hello. I'm the landlord of a building consisting of 8 rental units. All the units have 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bedroom, 1 living room and a corridor linking them. There are currently 12 tenants living in the building, 4 tenants are single and 4 couples. There could potentially be 8 couples for...
  8. Linds

Outlet tabs ok to remove?

If an outlet's two black wires are on the same circuit, is there a negative to pulling the tab between them? On the contrary, if the two black wires are different circuits, then not pulling the tab would trip the breaker, right?
  9. beachguysb

Flickering: All 4 LED Recessed bulbs on dimmer switch

All 4 LED Recessed lights on dimmer switch just started flickering. (4.5w dimmable GU10 LED bulbs) - It only happens sometimes - 4 other LED's on a DIFFERENT dimmer switch (but same circuit) also flicker sometimes, whether the other dimmer switch is on or not. - It doesn't matter how bright I...
  10. Nicholas Roe

New Heater concerns

Hello I have a water heater from 1994 that is leaking. I live in Charlotte NC. I’m thinking about going tankless. My concern is that it would be in my crawl space. Fully enclosured crawl space. I have plenty of room all around the tank currently and I don’t really want to move it inside...
  11. Ray Zhu

How to open the old, rusty panel to add breaker

Need some help. I am thinking of adding breakers to the the old, rusty panel, and but not sure how to open it without causing damage. Some pictures of the box below There is a knob near the center bottom, both does not move easily. Thanks in advance!
  12. Borfnoo

Worth it to replace anode?

I've got a 50 gal Whirlpool electric water heater that has been running for 10 years pretty much untouched on city water with no softener. The warranty expired 4 years ago which means the stock anode is probably used up. Is it even worth it to replace the anode at this point? My city water is...
  13. davearonson

All lights flickering when any load added -- normal, dangerous, or what?

Ever since we moved into our current house two years ago, we've had a problem in that any time practically any significant electrical appliance starts up (such as the heat pump, dishwasher, usually the dehumidifier, etc., but oddly enough NOT the clothes washer or dryer), all the lights in the...
  14. Colemc45

Dead outlet

The outlet under my kitchen sink has no power to it. I have checked the breaker box and the circuit breaker is supplying power so its not a bad circuit breaker. There are no other outlets dead in the house. There are also no other outlets wired in line with this outlet. Any other ideas what...
  15. Killacam311

Wiring bathroom fan switch

Okay, first off I should have taken a picture of the old fan setup, but I'm an idiot and I didn't . I'm trying to wire a new bathroom fan. The bathroom has two switches, one goes to the vanity light and bathroom fan light. The other runs the bathroom fan. The bathroom fan will NOT work unless...
  16. Lisa Wright

Septic System - Outlet/plug inside pit - is this an acceptable install?

Hello! I purchased a home 4 months ago, and included septic work in my contract when the system failed inspection. I'm currently having an issue (the red warning light went on advising me that I had high water levels). This is a photo of the inside of my pit. I see there is a plug inside the...
  17. UndergradStudent

Electric Pumping System

I have taken on the challenge of building a water pump system that will be running off a car battery. The problem is I really have no clue what I have to set up in order to make this work. Heres the system: I hav three 55 gallon tanks that need to be filled and then dumped after its been...
  18. HHFields

Electric vs. Propane

I currently have a 2 year old Rheem Electric 40 Gallon Hot Water heater. I am considering changing to a 50 Gallon Power Vent Propane water heater, because of the following; After a 15-20 minute shower, and 10 minutes of no water water running, the next person to get a shower has about 5 minutes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks