code

1. J

Bathroom Rough In Layout

What do you think about the following rough in layout? Any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  2. F

Can Branch Vents Span Multiple Floors in Wisconsin?

I have an improperly drained kitchen sink and utility sink situation that I am cleaning up (including permits and inspections). I think that my question is specific to Wisconsin plumbing code. To the best of my knowledge, section 905.5 of the UPC explicitly allows a design like shown below...
  3. jba

Help Convincing Inspectors They Are Wrong About Code?

Hi All, Desperately wanting to have my final final on a whole house redo that I've been too many years working on. Failed my final plumbing with a list of small things I've already fixed and one big problem: the inspector says my shower fails under UPC 408.6 because you cannot fit a 30"...
  4. Jdoerfler93

Tub drain p trap problems

All, I have an antique claw foot tub I'm installing. The drain is a brass 1.5" pipe going into the crawlspace. This is replacing a shower that used to be in the same location. When I went under to see the previous setup I got puzzled. The old shower drained through a 1.5" pvc pipe into a 2"...
  5. Lehighlager

No vertical room for a Standard P-Trap, is Running Trap permitted?

Looking for some advice on how to plumb a floor drain where there is not much vertical distance between the top of the floor drain and the existing waste pipe. I've included a diagram of what I want to do, labeled A. Basically the trap would be in-line with the 3-inch waste pipe (waste pipe...
  6. Lehighlager

No vertical room for a Standard P-Trap, is Running Trap permitted?

Looking for some advice on how to plumb a floor drain where there is not much vertical distance between the top of the floor drain and the existing waste pipe. I've included a diagram of what I want to do, labeled A. Basically the trap would be in-line with the 3-inch waste pipe (waste pipe...
  7. Oldtimm

Venting a basement shower remodel

Hello all, In the process of a remodel and I'm trying to wrap my head around how to vent the shower. The way I see it, I have two options based on where everything needs to be. Option A (red lines are my proposed runs): Option B: The shower trap will be too close to the wall to fork off of...
  8. vinrin2

Wye not cut it in here?

I am installing a new linear shower drain. What I hope to do is install the new drain upstream of the 1.5” dry vent, however there is already one 2” vented drain that discharges just above the vent (originates at my washing machine). Reading code 909.2, it appears that I should not install the...
  9. Oscarmeyer28

Bathroom group

Can you use a 2" vent for a bathroom group ? Toilet,shower, sink. Looking to wet vent it. Tub ties into 3" trunk, sink ties into 3" trunk, shower ties into 3" trunk then a 2" vent on the 3" trunk.
  10. Oscarmeyer28

Under slab bathroom

Won't let me delete
  11. CodeMaster

Garbage disposal in single bowl sink - too close to drain line

Hi there, This is my first post here and I'm hopping someone can help me figure this out (I'm loosing sleep over it for 3 days already :confused: ) I replaced my sink as part of a kitchen remodel. I Went from a shallow double bowl sink to a single bowl 10 inches deep. To make matters worse...
  12. TheOverThinker

Exploding Water Heaters -- Traps Going Up - IPC IAMPO

In our area inspectors are now tagging TPR valves that don't have a constant gravity drain slope, even in otherwise simple water heater replacements in basements. This is supported by IAMPO 608.5: 608.5 Discharge Piping. The discharge piping serving a temperature relief valve, pressure relief...
  13. Roadman33

Sink drain plumbed with kitchenette???

Have a look at this pic and tell me what's wrong...Please...and what would be up to code THis is a bath sink drain. the pipe coming through the wall on the left is coming from a kitchenette sink onthe other side of the wall... I just want to know if there is any way in hell that is code, if not...
  14. hoodun

Structural Plywood Support for drilled studs

First off I am a rookie DIY plumber. Has anyone ever used structural plywood to support holes drilled in studs? I have a king stud I drilled a hole into that is 63%. Initially was planning on using a 3" nominal shoe for it since it is actual 2". Its a 100 year old stud. Though not sure how...
  15. TheOverThinker

Is there any way to drain this sink to the sewer line, under a door? Code on P-Trap shape?

Is there any code compliant way to get waste from the diagrammed location, under the door, and to the sewer line? Other than a 4" tail on a P trap, are any other parts of the trap regulated? In other words, could a trap be made with a lower part 3 feet wide, kind of like diagrammed in green...
  16. Esachs4

Toilet Drain code - 15" from baseboard heater?

I am remodeling my small bathroom. I know code is for the center of the toliet drain to be 15" from a wall or vanity. There is going to be a baseboard heater on the side of my toliet. Do I have to be 15" from that, or can i go 15" from the wall?
  17. david_c

Adding Shower to bathroom, l/f layout advice

Hello, I'm moving my toilet in my main floor half bath to make room for a shower in my first ever renovation. I'm looking for advice on if I've got the plumbing configuration correct (I live in Ontario, but wanting to make sure the basic plumbing choices I've made are sound before I ask for my...
  18. JordanF

Basement floor drain too close to new Laundry Wall?

I'm enclosing a 1950's basement laundry room area. There is a floor drain that is in the path of the newly planned laundry room wall and door that I want to build to enclose the space. I can get about 1"-2" of clearance from the old floor drain to the finished laundry room wall. I can't get...
  19. joer33304

What does florida code 704.3 Connections to offsets and bases of stacks mean ?.

Can somebody explain below in layman terms or even better show it a drawing ? Horizontal branches shall connect to the bases of stacks at a point located not less than 10 times the diameter of the drainage stack downstream from the stack. Horizontal branches shall connect to horizontal stack...
  20. chad_w

Wet Vent / DWV Design Question

Have a question regarding a DWV system a plumber installed in a new build for me which utilizes a wet vent. Apologies for the crude drawing which does not accurately show length, but schematically it is correct. Key information: 1) PVC DWV System on 2nd story and spans 2 rooms. Bathroom and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks