sump

1. J

Sewage ejector overload?

Hi all. Basically I have a sewage basin and ejector pump in a basement. Currently I have just a sink that uses it. I'm now adding a full basement bathroom, which will be used by two people regularly. It is already stubbed in and connected to the tank. I'm kicking around moving laundry downstairs...
  2. JamesRegs

Sump basin solids

Hi there, The problem is with white/beige solids building up in the sump basin. The solids mostly stick to the inner walls of the basin but are everywhere and eventually enough solids stick to the float, weighing it down enough that it does not invert therefore not turning on the pump...
  3. Seaspray

Sump pump discharge pipe noise driving us insane - any fixes?

Hello and thank you for any tips you may have! Basement Systems just installed an interior perimeter drain and sump pump. They installed the discharge line immediately underneath our bed’s headboard, under the bedroom window. The noise of the sump and the water rushing through the pipes we can...
  4. Brendan Poirier

Sump pump plumbing

Hi everyone looking for some insight on how my sump pump is set up. I made a quick sketch to show how it is currently plumbed. The horizontal check valve you see in the photo is from the second sump pump which is at the rear of my house. It pumps to the front sump pump and its all tied together...
  5. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Water Softener & Iron Filter Drain Lines - To Sump or Septic?

The systems will be installed in a "closet" with the pressure tank. There are no floor drains nearby but the sump pit is about 15' away. There's also a bathroom directly overhead on the floor above. I searched here and the advice seems 50/50. It could be good or bad for the septic system, and...
  6. Tepid Coffee

Tie the sump discharge into a downspout extension?

My 1950s house has the sump discharging into the septic tank, which I understand is not appropriate. I plan to route the discharge through a brick exterior wall at a point less than 2' from a point where I'm installing a downspout extension. Does it make sense to tie the sump discharge into the...
  7. Jmcnam

Best primary sump pump and best battery backup

Looking for unbiased input on best sump pump and battery backup available? So far I have someone telling me nexgen pumps our the best thing going? Anyone think differently or know of any drawbacks of them? Thanks Jim
  8. JoeThomas

Install Sump Pump Check Valve on Washing Laundry Machine

Just purchased a Everbuilt THD1020 (In-Line Sump Pump Check Valve) , and installed in the back hose of our washing machine. The original hose would leak detergent soap and water. Is it a good practice to install In-Line check valves like this on washing machines? Are there any negative...
  9. Nina

Sump Pump/Pit cover questions....

When we bought our new construction home it had passive radon mitigation. We wrote into the agreement that we would pay for radon testing, and if it still came out high, they had to pay for a certified radon installer to put in active mitigation. It WAS still very high, but was retested as...
  10. Dylan

Sump Pump plumbing connections

I have a small landscaped area that pools water and has some seepage from the groundwater. The sump pump is the Zoeller 108-0001 craw space kit with the M53 pump, slotted pit, and 1 1/2 inch connections, and I got the Zoeller 30-0181 check valve. They'll be arriving Friday and I want to make...
  11. Chi

Is it normal to have water in sewer pit?

Background: The sewer pipe was clogged about 3 weeks ago. The water came out from the basement floor drain, and the sewer pit was filled with dirty stuff. The pumper came, and unclogged, and put a camera to inspect the pipe. The sewer pipe is still in good shape. However, the the sewer pit was...
  12. Ginahoy

Code for water heater T&P drain in a basement

I'm preparing to break ground on a my new home, which has a fully below-grade basement. A storage type water heater will be centrally located in the basement. There will be two interior sumps -- one with a sewage ejector pump for the bathroom fixtures and the other for the footer drain. I'm...
  13. IHateUserNames

Please Delete

Have an existing french drain set up in the basement, PVC pipe, but a 15-inch basin (24 deep) and it is tight. Right now have a Zoller and a battery back up there and realizing the Zoller is actually pretty narrow (side by side, upper lower was never going to happen). For the curious, the...
  14. bryanska

Sump Pump "built in" check valves? Home inspector needing more info

Hey all, As a home inspector I'm required to report on the presence/absence of sump pump check valves. Normally these are obviously mounted inline with the discharge pipe. Recently, one home inspector in my chapter (thankfully not me) got in trouble for reporting a missing check valve. The...
  15. D C

Foundation Drain to Sump - Code Rqmts?

New Construction in Michigan which has adopted IRC 2015, and I believe the 2015 plumbing code as well. I have appropriate drain tile on the outside of the basement walls with leader pipes coming through the footing, as is normal. Going to run them to a sump and up and out, as per normal...
  16. LarryLeveen

Check valve needed? Water on floor of basement.

Moved into a new house several weeks ago -- have been using the plumbing and appliances (dishwasher & washing machine) as one usually might. Yesterday, I saw there was water on the floor of the basement. I did also see some shreds of paper-like material on the floor -- perhaps it was in the pipe...
  17. brentvw

Kitchen sink trap gurgle from sump pump

Hi all, I'm trying to get rid of the trap gurgle in the kitchen sink when my primary sump pump is directed down the main sewer line (see pic attached). The vacuum pressure is too much for the 2" Studor AAV, if I remove it, the gurgle is gone (the vacuum is pretty strong, removing the AAV and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks