pilot light

1. NiceKaren

Bradford White (Honeywell) Model #MI406TFBN; HELP!!

Hello! New to forum, also may lose my mind if I can't fix my WH! My pilot light went out randomly on Father's Day. No reason at all that I know of. I turn it to "OFF", waited a good 20 minutes or so then turned it to "Pilot" held that down for a minute or so then hit "Ignite" thirty times at...
  2. NiceKaren

Bradford White (Honeywell) Model # MI40T6FBN; HELP!

Hello! New to forum, also may lose my mind if I can't fix my WH! My pilot light went out randomly on Father's Day. No reason at all that I know of. I turn it to "OFF", waited a good 20 minutes or so then turned it to "Pilot" held that down for a minute or so then hit "Ignite" thirty times at...
  3. NFLMVP

Where to find model numbers for replacement parts

I've got two 11 year old Whirlpool Natural Gas water heaters that have both started exhibiting the same problem within a couple of months of each other. The pilot lights have been going out. When I relight them, there's some orange in the flame. One of these units has stayed lit, after...
  4. Rph52G

Vacuum your water heater to avoid pilot light outages

I learned this lesson the hard way. Pilot light started going out. Plumber recommended a new thermocouple for the 7-year-old Rheem water heater. I agreed. Still went out. He recommended a new gas controller. I agreed. Still went out. I called Rheem. They said it was "environmental." I told the...
  5. Sherman Cravens

Pilot will not stay lit during/after burn cycle

I have a State Select natural gas water heater vintage 2003. It has a standing pilot light. No hot water one morning, so I pulled the burner and thermocouple/pilot assy out and the thermocouple was visibly bad. It has a component part inline in the thermocouple bracket and it was visibly...
  6. oldhouseand74

Water heater .. a thanksgiving mystery??

Good afternoon & thanks in advance for your help & advice I have an American water heater, “FG” series from 2005. I recently awoke to my water heater spraying approximately 6 gallons of hot water out of my tpr valve along with significant condensation on the copper water pipe running into it...
  7. babbo

Pilot won't stay lit, tried everything

It's a Kenmore PowerMiser 9, several years old. The pilot went out and won't relight. I took out the burner unit and found that I get a nice spark. I disconnected the gas line to the pilot, blew through it, and found it was clear. I made certain that gas was following through the thermostat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks