spout

1. iFixit

My bathtub faucet spout needs to be replaced

I would like to save money by doing this myself. has anyone done this job before? I found a tutorial. Would you recommend following this or have another recommendation?
  2. Rose260

Slip Fit Tub Spout Leaking at Base

Hello, I just replaced a tub spout that is a slip on spout. Everything went smoothly, theres caulking at the wall where the pipe comes out so water won't get back there. As well all the pieces went on the pipe and I was able to get the spout on and tighten the setting screw. Only issue is...
  3. HandyGal

Antique tub faucet name and safe remove

Hello, this bathroom has lots of old stuff dated 1929 up to 1980. I want to update this without damaging anything. What is this type of tub faucet called and how can I safely remove it? It's like half of a ball. The tub has no overflow.
  4. Mike57

When to install the threaded tub spout pipe?

On a complete tub/shower remodel I'm stumped as to when and how to install the pipe for the threaded tub spout. In the the wall I have a 1/2 brass drop ear elbow firmly attached to a block. The surround is 3 piece and the spout/control end requires at least 2" of vertical play to drop the end...
  5. Jim Bassuk

Will reducing drop from wall valve to tub spout be an issue?

The printed instructions from Delta says 8-18" between a faucet valve and the tub spout when using a shower head and spout diverter. Can I shrink this distance to my liking since I've capped off the shower port on my faucet valve? (i.e. tub only, no shower). I've mocked things up so that my...
  6. jasontf

ProPEX / Uponor question on tub spout

I have read in several locations that you cannot connect a tub spout with a diverter to PEX. The explanation that is usually given is that the inside diameter of PEX+fittings is smaller than copper and it will result in water going up and leaking out of the shower head when the diverter is set...
  7. Kate B

Not sure what kind of replacement tub spout I need?

I'm trying to find the right kind of replacement spout for my bathtub. The one I currently have sits about an inch from the wall. Unfortunately, I don't have the old one, but the plastic part on the inside was further down into the spout. Does anyone know what size/type I should be looking for?
  8. JoeThomas

Moen Tub Spout Installation with cracks between Ring and Spout

I just installed a new Moen Tub Spout 179101. When installing it, you see a white portion with caulking. Everytime I press down on the spout lightly, I can see the spout separate, and see hole edges between the ring and spout (see green box). Is this the way, Moen Tub spout is supposed to be...
  9. JoeThomas

Tub Spout Installed slightly rotated

Our plumber installed a Tub Spout slightly rotated 10-15% degree angle to its left, like a globe. Curious if there is any reasons plumbers have any installation reasons do that, I will just rotate back myself. One time, I had a plumber install a bathroom sink 10% slanted in the xy plane, due to...
  10. nancy1988

Delta tub spout, Help! my shower faucet came shooting out the wall....

Hi guys, I was taking a shower and then my shower faucet all of a sudden shot out from the wall. How do i fix, everything online says theres a screw, but i dont see the screw on mine just a clip thing. Do i need to buy a new spout or can this be fixed?? Thanks!
  11. KC27

Delta Kitchen Faucet Spout Question

I have a Delta two handle faucet, #2276, with spray that was purchased and installed in 1997. I recently removed the spout to flush the faucet, and when I did, a plastic insert came out of the base of the spout. It looks like a portion of the plastic insert has broken off and is missing. I have...
  12. oldebondo

Side by side tub spout and valve

I am installing a free standing tub (no shower) against a wall and wish to locate the (non-diverter) tub spout toward the foot-end of the tub and the valve control toward the head end. Both the spout and the valve will be on the same wall and about 21" from each other. The spout and valve will...
  13. Frances Latrese Sowells

Old tub spout stuck

Can someone help me. How do I get this tub spout off. I have tried everything but the hand of God and cannot figure it out. I am assuming th is is an original spout so maybe 1959. No set screw. I cut off the end to get a look inside but I'm still stumped. Please help, I've got to get these...
  14. TommyTunes

Bath tub spout can be rotated

I have a weird setup in my bathtub. The tub spout is attached to the normal 1/2" copper stub, but if you grab the spout it can be moved from side to side. The copper line coming down from the mixing valve is regular 1/2" copper but it goes into some type of "swivel fitting", that allows the...
  15. stuzor

Need Help Identifying Tub Spout

I checked through a lot of old threads but wasn't able to find someone with a similar configuration as me. My old tub spout was broken and I figured replacing it would be easy.. boy was I wrong haha. I didn't realize at the time there was a lot of different options and didn't see what the old...
  16. Lildiy

Tub spout question/identification

This may be dumb to ask but I've searched all over and can't find what I need. We needed to replace the spout in a tub/shower and couldn't get it free; someone came to help but couldn't get it either. They then used a hacksaw to remove the plastic-like spout, breaking it off and leaving behind...
  17. HelpwouldBnice

Temptrol Bathtub leaky Spout

Hello, I am having trouble with my Symmons Temptrol bath system. When the shower is switched on a lot of water will come out (steady thick stream) of the spout continuously (this is not the normal drip or stream you're normally supposed to experience). To make it more clearer it's coming OUT of...
  18. gh0st

Remove Kohler Tub Spout

Hi all, I am having a leak in our kitchen ceiling which is on the first floor. Above the leak is our second floor tub. The leak is coming from our spout and\or our single handle lever. The lever and spout are both Kohler. I found a similar post here...
  19. jaXx

Slip-on tub spout w/ diverter recommendation?

Greetings all, My old generic slip-on/set-screw diverter tub spout has more or less begun failing at it's diversion. I have a 2.5"-ish unthreaded copper pipe sticking out of the wall, with a nice big gob of silicone caulk where the pipe comes out, and things look pretty dry and clean. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks