gurgle

1. Vaughn Eisler

Gurg-gurg sound and water backup in kitchen sink

Expert plumbers - I am seeking some guidance as a frequent DIYer but am new to plumbing. About a week ago I heard a glug-glug sound underneath my kitchen sink. Additionally, water all of a sudden started backing up into the sink. The water in the kitchen sink backs up either when I run the...
  2. Douglas Hood

Sink Gurgle, Older 2Fam, newer drain

Hello, Glad to be a new member. TerryLove.com is my go-to for initial plumbing searches. When I google an issue I always start with "terrylove.com" then my search terms. I have a lav/bath sink drain that's begun to give me some trouble with being slow to drain, plus a gurgle. It's been in...
  3. Josh87

Sump Pump Gurgle - Sealed Pit, Radon, and a Long PVC Run

Hi Everyone, I posted about a shower drain a few months back and received very helpful advice from everyone - Many thanks! I'm back again and looking for some help about a sump pump gurgle issue. What basically happens is that after my pump runs for 1 minute, there are at least 30 seconds of...
  4. MeNeedsSomeHelp

Flushing the toilet causes my kitchen sink to gurgle.

Flushing the toilet causes my kitchen sink to gurgle. The toilet flushes fine. The two have separate pipes running out of the house for the sink and the toilet. I snaked the toilet 25'. I have snaked the vent 25'. I have poured chemicals down the vent. I have called a plumber who didn't think...
  5. Matt M.

Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Drain Gurgle

Hi All, I’ve lived in my current house for about 8 years, and we’ve always had some slow drainage/gurgling issues with our kitchen sink. When you first start running water, there are no gurgling/draining issues. Once you start washing some dishes is when the drainage issues kick in. It seems...
  6. brentvw

Kitchen sink trap gurgle from sump pump

Hi all, I'm trying to get rid of the trap gurgle in the kitchen sink when my primary sump pump is directed down the main sewer line (see pic attached). The vacuum pressure is too much for the 2" Studor AAV, if I remove it, the gurgle is gone (the vacuum is pretty strong, removing the AAV and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks