tub drain

1. SCKNEU

Wye eyed

Forgive me as I’m certain this was asked and answered. I’ve probably read the thread in which it was but for my sanity (sanitee?) I need to double check: This is a p trap for a tub. I plan to use a horizontal wye to branch off for a dry vent, dedicated to the tub. The vent would be 1.5” (I’m in...
  2. Tuttles Revenge

Replacement for this escutcheon?

I have a tub that we are working on with a handle that operates the drain but not a typical waste and overflow. I would like to replace this escutcheon because it won't match the new brushed nickel shower trim we're installing and its corroding. It slides onto 1/2" OD copper and is held with a...
  3. Isaac H

Small ring of water sitting around tub

So I am in the process of installing my claw foot tub. I have installed the drain and it is not leaking. However, because of the nature of it being an old tub, there is a small ring of water around the tub drain. This is purely because of the deep slope of the drain area and the lack of a...
  4. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

Hello, I am in the process of renovating my master ensuite and I am struggling to figure out how to move the bathtub drain. I removed a large corner jacuzzi and I am hoping to reuse the takeoff as it is really tight where the new drain needs to go. Is it possible to cut the current takeoff...
  5. Isaac H

Best way to vent my tub

So long story short, I am new to plumbing and am a homeowner plumbing the house I bought 1 year ago. Replumbed the whole thing myself so far, but it's a small house and fairly simple. This one thing has really got me confused though. The vent location for the clawfoot tub I'm installing is in...
  6. GA_

Tub Drain Type & Brand advice sought

I'm going to replace three current twist type tub drains with toe tapper type drains. I'd welcome some advice. 1. The flanges ( or shoe - the metal part that seals or screws to the PVC drain and stays in the bottom of the tub) have become pitted and corroded. This started after only a few...
  7. Sergio D

Bathtub drain and vent question

I am adding in a new tub/shower and I am dealing with a tight space. I have a drain below I can tie into and a vent in the wall I can connect to. I am wondering if both or at least 1 of my designs are allowed. I believe option 1 makes it a wet vent, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to use a...
  8. Terry

Leaking drum trap on tub

Old Seattle home with a leaking drum trap on the tub. It even had it's own access door in the stairwell behind the tub for access to the drum for cleaning. I was there to replace a water heater, and looked at this on the way out picking up tools. From the basement looking up at it. Way less...
  9. Dylan

Replacing Moen tub drain strainer/ tub body

This is a great site I've learned a lot going through forums and had helpful answers to questions. We're replacing our tub drain strainer/ drain body (the part that threads in) and have a few questions. It's a Moen push-n-lock tub drain kit that connects to 1-1/2 in. threaded drains. Does Moen...
  10. JBNE

Tub drain updating, where and what...

Hello, I have a leak below the tee in my tub drain/overflow assembly. The tee floats freely on that narrower inner pipe, where the seal is completely lost. What's the best approach to replacing this drain setup (PVC?), and where do you suggest I begin/cut?
  11. Melissa R

Ideas to Access Tub Drain Repair

Hi there, I renovated my whole bathroom last year with the exception of the tub. My new tenant was cleaning the drain stopper and while doing that, he decided to try to tighten the drain basket/flange. Whatever he did with this tightening must have cracked or damaged something because my...
  12. Primemover

Galvanized to PVC Question

In my situation there is not enough room between the galvanized fittings to cut and have a stub big enough to use a no-hub adapter. I am working with a 1-1/2" waste line. I am wondering if I can connect one side of a No-hub adapter over the female portion of a galvanized fittings (maybe use a 2"...
  13. Michele Lish

Can't Replace Gasket in Tub

I have an old tub that may or may not have leaked... long story. Because I thought it was a water leak from this tub, I removed the drain flange, cleaned all the old hard putty around the drain hole and the threads of the flange (which should not have needed to be cleaned, but someone put putty...
  14. Olgoat

Adjust Gerber lift and turn tub drain

I just had the tub drain replaced with a Gerber lift and turn drain. With the drain plug down, it still lets a small amount of water drain which is audible. I put downward pressure on the plug but the water still trickles through past the plug (I can hear it draining. Not a lot. Just a...
  15. John Bukoski

Can't get drain to reach pipe for thick bathtub

Made the mistake of unscrewing the drain to clean out the drain pipe on an old bathtub. The drain is going through a thick jacuzzi tub. I can't get the drain (which is the standard 1 3/8" long, 1 1/2" diameter) to thread back onto the PVC pipe because the tub is too thick. Even without...
  16. LarryLeveen

Check valve needed? Water on floor of basement.

Moved into a new house several weeks ago -- have been using the plumbing and appliances (dishwasher & washing machine) as one usually might. Yesterday, I saw there was water on the floor of the basement. I did also see some shreds of paper-like material on the floor -- perhaps it was in the pipe...
  17. bmillice

Tub Drain Connection in concrete slab

Hello, newbie here, so I appreciate any advice you pros could give! I am remodeling a bathroom in my house and will be replacing the tub/tub drain as well. However, I am confused as to what I found when I demo'd the old stuff. I am attaching pictures, but I cannot tell how the old brass...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks