geothermal

1. CommanderDave

Returning Open Loop Geothermal Water Discharge to Well

I have an open loop geothermal system that takes water from a deep well in the front yard of my home and discharges it into a pond located on the property. I also have a deep well installed at the pond which is used only to supplement the pond's water level (both wells tap into the same...
  2. Pawpaw

Short-cycling pump: optimum strategy for particular system

Hello all, It seems I've been reading a lot on this forum lately, so many thanks already! I'm trying to address a submersible well pump that is short-cycling (58sec on, 28sec off, @9-10.5GPM). I would like to solve the short-cycling in a manner that minimizes the long-term average operating...
  3. Idaho Scott

Newbie trying to make sense of a 72 deg F artesian spring heat system

Just bought a large cabin in Southern Idaho that has a continuously flowing 72 degree F. spring with about 20 feet of head (out of the mountain, up behind the home. The original owners piped this water straight into 2 inch PVC that runs in (under) the basement concrete slab of the home and the...
  4. brendams

Geothermal flow pump electrical dilemma

I have a Water furnace geothermal system put in about 14 yrs ago. One of my 1/2 hp circulating pumps (240V, single speed) had to be replaced, so I ordered a new one, tested it on a 240VAC circuit (it works fine on it), but when I connect it to the flow center, it doesn't work. It gets 240VAC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks