baseboard

1. colin8

Moved baseboard location. Now no heat at new spot.

We recently removed a counter-top peninsula which had baseboard heat on the backside. I have moved the location of the baseboard to the opposite end of the kitchen, which made more sense to me anyways as it is colder on the exterior wall side. I tied back into the original location where the...
  2. Al S

Pipe sizing same for convector versus baseboard

Setup: 1" monoflow trunk feeding semi-recessed convectors through 1/2" pipe. Monoflow tee on supply side Monoflow and return tee is 1 x 1/2 x 1 - that is, the center port is 1/2" High output baseboard is replacing a convector. The pipe diameter of the element is 3/4 inch. Question: Is...
  3. Christian P

Oil fired Boiler doesn't heat water properly and creates banging noise

Bought a home a few months ago and still struggling to set up my boiler correctly. I have a SlantFin Liberty Oil fired cast iron boiler heating up two heating zones through baseboards and the water in the house. After the first few weeks, I noticed two things: 1) Baseboards around the house...
  4. Stack Man

Radiator Fins in Hot Water Baseboard - Basic Question

Hello All. Pretty basic question. I moved into an apartment that I love but have discovered the hot water baseboard is not providing enough heat. FYI, I am on the second floor of a two story building. There are two apartments (including mine) above a restaurant. From what I can glean, the two...
  5. Kengie

Boiler Short Cycling - Multi zones

Hi everyone, I have a strange issue in which I don't understand how it works. So I have a Williamson Oil-based boiler Series 2 (W_OWB_OWT_Brochure.pdf (williamson-thermoflo.com)) that has a Hydrostat and I'm using Lux Smart Kono for 3 zones in a 1700 sq. feet two story house. The water based...
  6. amazer98

After ModCon Boiler install, should I upgrade baseboards?

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and have a question I was hoping you could answer. Six years ago my wife and I moved into this 1600sf condo in Maine. The heating system was an oil-fired boiler that fed into 4 zones-- one zone for each of the two bedrooms, one zone for the entire common area...
  7. Esachs4

Toilet Drain code - 15" from baseboard heater?

I am remodeling my small bathroom. I know code is for the center of the toliet drain to be 15" from a wall or vanity. There is going to be a baseboard heater on the side of my toliet. Do I have to be 15" from that, or can i go 15" from the wall?
  8. Nate2

Can't Find Source of Shower Enclosure Leak

I have a builder-grade framed shower enclosure that is leaking water near bottom drywall and baseboard. Shower is 14 years old. I recapped suspected area on and around shower door and frames with clear silicone and then after drying 3 days water tested area and it did not leak. I thought I I...
  9. Alfa

Baseboards and Panel Radiators

I am getting a new Buderus boiler to supply my baseboard heating system. One of the small baseboard sections is in the way of a proposed new cabinet in the kitchen. Can that one baseboard be replaced with a Buderus panel radiator (which would take up less room)? Can baseboard and panel radiators...
  10. Derek Wetzel

Noise related to expansion of copper in Radiant / Hydronic / Baseboard heating

Hi, I'm curious if there are any experiences/insight beyond standard troubleshooting for this issue. The most practical resolutions i've seen so far are to straighten the fins (which i've done) and to ensure the return pipe is not resting on any metal hooks which could create noise... I do not...
  11. Davie

Hydronic Design in Toronto

Hi all, I'm doing a reno of my 100-year old, semi-detached, 2-storey, double-brick Edwardian house, and I intend to replace the existing forced air system with an in-floor radiant system. The house is 500sq.ft. per level with an unfinished full size basement. (So 1000sq.ft. of living space...
  12. rmcderm313

Extending a baseboard radiator - Need the return to stay above the floor

Hi All, Several years ago we extended our breezeway/foyer, almost doubling in size. Most of the added size extends past the foundation and is over an area that is exposed to the elements aside from some lattice. This area is supported up to building code etc, but it as no basement under it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks