pump

1. Amovida

Question on Grundfos Pump

Hello and hope everyone is staying warm this winter! I have 2 Grundfos circ pumps (1 per zone) on an old Triangle Tube Prestige 110 boiler on a house we purchased relatively recently. One of the pumps appears to not be circulating as that zone is not warming. First I checked voltage to the...
  2. J

Sewage ejector overload?

Hi all. Basically I have a sewage basin and ejector pump in a basement. Currently I have just a sink that uses it. I'm now adding a full basement bathroom, which will be used by two people regularly. It is already stubbed in and connected to the tank. I'm kicking around moving laundry downstairs...
  3. I

Low pressure & flow problem

I've been experiencing low water pressure and flow. I started checking it over the last few weeks. Pressure fluctuates but it usually hovers between 12 and 24 PSI. Flow also fluctuates. The best I've measured is 1.5 GPM, but that's rare. It's been as low as almost 0.5 GPM at times. I let...
  4. J

2 houses 1 well, would like to be able to have them work independently

I have done a lot of searching for this issue, but none of the threads I can find seem to have this particular question I have 1 well, a small cabin 75 feet away, and my sometimes home is maybe 150 feet from the well, I would like to run the water lines to the houses so that I can have both...
  5. D

Pump Overheating

I have appreciated the posts on this thread as I have planned my project. I live on a rural property that has a 30 foot dug well and a convertible jet pump that does a good job. However we run the risk of the well going dry in the summer. We also live 85 feet above a river that is down a...
  6. K

New Shallow well pump not building up pressure

I just replaced the shallow well pump with same Horse Power as the old one. For some reason the new pump is not able to build pressure over 10psi. It primes good. I've closed the valve to the irrigation system to isolate a possible line break issue but pressure does not go over 10psi and pumps...
  7. A

How to fix Water hammer in pump process system

I just finished a project at my first internship/co-op that involves making a pump system automated. Basically, the operator will type in the pressure setpoint, and a variety of devices will work together to increase the pump to pressure. The pump I am using is a Haskal 4b-14 pump. I have a...
  8. C

Shallow Well Pump Questions

Hello all, I have a river house that is lifted in the air that has a shallow well pump with a single 1.25" pipe going into the ground. The pump was around 20-25 feet above the water in the well. We recently lifted the house up about 6 or 7 feet higher in the air and found the pump was not...
  9. V

Can you add a larger pressure tank after filter?

Hello all, I am having problems with the water pressure in my house and am getting even more pressure from my wife to fix it. This is my first home with a well system and i dont have too much knowledge on plumbing and well systems. Your expert help would be greatly appreciated. When I turn on...
  10. BS Frank

Lake Irrigation Question

Thank you in advance for your assistance. New lake home and looking to accomplish the following: I have a red lion rl-sprk100 pump. I would like to suck water from the lake 20' away from the pump and about 5' below the pump to a spigot location 20' away from the pump and about 10' above the...
  11. GetBakedCoatings

Submersible Pump Setup Help

Hey All, I have two issues but gonna start out with my setup description. I am no plumber of course, I am a capable homeowner. I was quoted $4700 for an RO system for my home and decided that I could definitely build my own. So..... $900 later, whole house RO. Was doing great for the last 4...
  12. 55tbirdfan

$400 vs $900 irrigation pump

I am replacing 30 yr old irrigation pump for my sprinkler system. Was a 1½hp Myers pump. Pump still running but think the body has just about rusted thru. I am looking at pumps in the $400 range and wondering if I should be looking at more expensive pumps but do not know what the advantage...
  13. Goodguy5000HD

Well water suddenly dirty, well pump power fluctuates... is it a disaster? (SOLVED)

(1 day after installing new white sediment filter) After being out-of-town for a month, the well pump protection circuit kept tripping due to high load. After testing, the well pump resistance is normal, but the running pump's amperage varies 7--20A (after bypassing protection circuit). Also...
  14. Soggysocksandthirstytrees

Pulsating and pump cycling

My goal is to have a designated pump for watering my plants from my well. I want to start with a garden hose, then eventually add drip lines and possibly sprinklers. I have a 4” free flowing artesian well. I have the 4” well teed off to 1-1/4” lines to house water system, to pond fountain (no...
  15. Skeensy

Check valves one house well system

Hi everyone. Looked all over the place for a diagram with a well setup that includes a sprinkler distribution line as well. This is our bathing and drinking water as well as irrigation. I have the well pump, check valve at the well head down pipe, outside the well , then a 10 foot run to a...
  16. Ecove

Hartell Pump Malfunction

Hello Plumbing Community, I'm relative handy but a DIYer and nowhere near a professional so apologies in advance for my ignorance. Was hoping to ask the group about where to begin with a Hartell LTP-1 pump that seems to malfunction. We have a small wet bar/sink on our main floor that drains to...
  17. Blollum

Basement sink pump venting

I am putting in a bar room with sink and 1/2 bath in my basement. My plan is to use a Zoeller 105 pump for the sink. The 1/2 bath will have a vanity sink going to a Saniflo Sanicompact upflush toilet. 1.) 1/2 Bath: my understanding is that the bathroom sink can connect to the Sanicompact...
  18. Thomas Dezall

Well water pump blow water through the PRV.

During a recent cold spell, My 3/4 Horse Power 57 Litre Stainless Steel Shallow Well Jet Pump . now blows water through the pressure relief valve but I still have pressure in the house. Is it safe to run like that? The pressure gauge red lines.
  19. Brendan Poirier

Sump pump plumbing

Hi everyone looking for some insight on how my sump pump is set up. I made a quick sketch to show how it is currently plumbed. The horizontal check valve you see in the photo is from the second sump pump which is at the rear of my house. It pumps to the front sump pump and its all tied together...
  20. Ron Benchetrit

Well pump intermittently struggling to refill pressure tank

Hi all, We’ve recently done some work replacing the plumbing between our pressure tank, water softener, GE Filter and UV Filter with PEX lines. Pressure in all house faucets and shower are fine. The pressure switch looks ok turning the pump on at 45psi and off at 65psi. When all is good, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks