hot water tank

1. JaceHunter

Water Tank Replaced Now Black Specks In Water

Hey all! I've read through the other posts on this forum on black specks in water but am running into a bit of a cluster with my issue. I had some really bad corrosion on my hot water tank nipples and had the whole tank replaced in October. Catch is the plumber tried pulling the nipples after...
  2. icu222much

Advice for replacing water tank and boiler

I am looking to replace my rusting gas hot water tank (15 years old) and leaking gas boiler (30 years old), and am trying to determine what the most cost-efficient long-term solution (30+ years) would be (ie - installation fee, maintenance cost, gas bill...). A bit about my house: 3300 sqft 30...
  3. Kamren

Sucking/slurping noise from hot water pipes

Hey guys! I've been working on my hot water on my own for a bit now and could really use some opinions moving forward. I had my hot water line bust not too far from the hot water tank and I discovered the old galvanized pipes to be VERY corroded and obstructing flow likely causing pressure...
  4. Mike Garrod

Expansion tank for hot water tank?

According to Canadian NPC, provision must be made for thermal expansion when check valves or pressure reducing valves are installed. Is the T&P relief valve sufficient to meet this requirement? Or must an expansion tank be installed. I always install an expansion tank when check valves are...
  5. CowSki

Thermal expansion tank and vacuum breaker

Hi There, I'm installing a new hot water tank. Vacuum breakers are a code requirement in my area (as are Pressure Reducing Valves). I wanted to add a thermal expansion tank. After much discussion/research I think it is best to put it on the cold water line. BUT if the vacuum breaker is between...
  6. bohintze

Replacing Solar Hot Water Tank

I have a typical solar hot water system with roof mounted panels and an external heat exchanger module plumbed to an 80 gallon glass lined storage tank that preheats water to a hybrid heat pump hot water tank I will need to replace the storage/preheat tank that has begun to leak after 7 yrs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks