flapper

1. A

Toto drain valve body assembly

My Toto single piece (bowl and tank are one piece) toilet is failing to hold water in the tank. It seems to be draining into the bowl so there’s no water on the floor. I’ve narrowed it down to a leak at either the flapper or the drain valve body assembly. I replaced the flapper but that made no...
  2. Jim Miesner

No Toilet Flapper Valve Seat

One of our toilets started leaking (I did the food coloring test and found it was leaking into the bowl). I replaced the flapper a couple of times but it's still leaking. Probably because the toilet is old and there is no flapper valve seat. You can see the inside of the tank here. The flapper...
  3. Howwit

Flapper replaced, still ghost flushes occasionally

My old flapper was definitely not forming a tight seal, so I got it replaced. I've put a new flapper on the toilet (a Toto 3-inch), but occasionally when I flush it still won't form a tight seal so it'll leak. If I flush it again it usually fixes itself and seals properly. This only happens 30%...
  4. Mandy

Can't find a toilet flapper that fits - Please help!

Hello! I've never posted here before, and I'm sure this is just the most stupid question ever, but I'm kind of at my wits' end. :) I have replaced my toilet flapper about 6 times and still can't find one that works. I doubt I need to say this, but I know nothing about plumbing, and I would...
  5. SenorT

Toto Ultramax- help following valve replacement

We have what was originally an Ultimate, purchased ~15 years ago, that's had its valve and flapper replaced with the Gmax versions over the years. Most recently, the valve started leaking instead of fully shutting off. This was a TSU18A from 2012 (I started ordering parts online before they...
  6. WS

Video of chugging in my pipes caused by flushing Toto Drake toilet, can anyone help?

Here's a video I made of the chugging in my pipes after I flush my Toto Drake ST743S toilet and the tank fills. I've replaced the flapper and the flush valve (as suggested on another thread on this site), but it hasn't fixed it. Here's the video, watch the whole thing a little over 3 minutes...
  7. Grayfeathers

No Name Toilet Continues to Leak Around Flapper

I've got a toilet which I can't find a name anywhere on it. Toilet is about 25 years old and just recently started leaking around the flapper. I noticed it when I kept hearing the toilet fill up. I've replaced the flapper twice with no success in stopping the water flow. I'm replacing the...
  8. Mark J. Wallin

Drake with a leaking flapper

I have a two year old Drake (ECO model I believe) with a 3" flush which developed a loud squealing noise problem after being flushed. I fixed that by replacing the disk inside the flush valve, but then I noticed a quieter noise sounding like the toilet was running, which was intermittent and...
  9. fsrph

Changed Flapper - Toilet tank still losing water - any ideas why?

I noticed the fill valve in my toilet was making a bubbling sound near the top. Though it had a leak. Also the fill valve was coming on occasionally to add a few inches of water to the tank. I replaced the fill valve and that's working fine. However, the new fill valve is still coming on...
  10. Flapper

Silicone vs PVC flapper

Most flappers are apparently silicone rubber but I've found special PVC ("vinyl") flappers for sale by the manufacturers, but not in stores. Is there any benefit of using PVC flappers? Do they last longer? Are they more resistant to chemicals? Why do they make them?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks