snake

1. Niloc75

What's going on with my sewer drain?

Good evening. Twice now, I've snaked my ~98 year old sewer with a full 100 feet of snake, because I have water backing up in my basement after just a 4-5 minute shower. Both times, the 5/8" auto-feeding snake powered ahead with no issues both times. No roots, no apparent blockages, etc. Also...
  2. LarryFahnoe

Trouble snaking tub drain

Main problem: a bathtub in a 1920s house is draining very slowly. P-trap is brass connected to a galvanized drain line. Furnace ducts block access to the drain line & even if I could access the area, I'm doubtful that I could get the P-trap off. Since everything is old, I'd rather not create...
  3. AlaskaTinker

Tips for snaking tub that has cable-drive drain?

I have a tub in a rental unit with a cable-driven drain plug that constantly clogs with hair. I'm wondering what the best way is to get a cable snake in there to clean it out? I can remove the cover/handle, but the metal plate behind the handle does not have a large enough opening to allow me to...
  4. BillHoo

Kitchen drain - 25 foot auger not clearing

I have a clog in my kitchen sink that is not at the disposal or P-Trap. I have removed the P-Trap to access the stub out at the wall, and used my 25 foot drum auger with an electric drill connected to it. Last time I did this was 3 years ago and I remember there were maybe five turns in the...
  5. Tim Othy

Ooops, there goes my snake

Happy Holidays! Today I was enjoying a beautiful day golfing and came home to a clogged kitchen sink. I tried to snake (25ft manual) from under the sink, but no luck. No external clean out so went to the roof and sent snake down the air pipe (1 1/2"). Thought it had a stop, but nope, it just...
  6. KBrum

Garbage Disposal Clogged - already used a 25' snake

Hello all. I'm in need of some help as I have very little plumbing knowledge and this is the first time I've had a disposal in my home. My garbage disposal is backing up into my sinks. I started with a sink plunger (but didn't cover the sink overflow to increase pressure), followed it with...
  7. Ravenwlsn

Main sewage line or bigger problem?

Hi so the other day I took a shower and the downstairs toilet started to overflow. We rented a hundred foot snake and removed the clog . . . everything was working fine. A day and a half later the laundry was running and the downstairs toilet started to Overflow again. Both times when the...
  8. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

Hello, I believe I have a clog in the main line and I'm hoping to get some advice regarding next steps. Symptoms: 1. Bathroom towards the back of the house - toilet won't flush and water is coming up through the tub drain. Running water in the bathroom sink also causes it to come through the...
  9. Oliver McIrwin

Snake works, but clogs soon after

Hello, Our house built in 1911 has one shower drain that clogs regularly. I invested in a rigid auto clean drain opener (model k-30 cat no 34963) which was working great. But the last few times, the shower water starts pooling, so I'll run the snake and in the process the drain clears. I pull...
  10. Peter B Crocker

Toilet Almost Overflows When Shower Is Running

My toilet and shower is 6 feet apart from each other. I also have a separate tub and two sinks in the bathroom. If the shower is running and then I flush the toilet, the water slowly comes to the top but doesn't overflow. This has been going on for over a year. I would think if it's a...
  11. Jenna Smith

Snaking a Niagara Stealth

Any plumbers out there have any issues snaking a .8GPF Stealth? Not sure if it's just a rumor, but I've heard that when a Stealth clogs, snakes don't work well, so the toilet has to be pulled. Could it be that the design of the bowl makes it difficult to snake?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks