pipe

1. B

Leak in claw foot tub connection

The clawfoot tub on the second floor is leaking. My daughter was showering upstairs and I saw it was leaking into the first floor. The leak is coming from this connection above the second floor. What’s the best way to connect these two parts? I do have the ability to cut the PVC below, and...
  2. ned8675309

shower pipe drain placement?

Hello, How important is the slope and placement of the shower pipe that leads to the main drain? An assistant plumber decided to route the pipe through the wall, rather than taking the most direct line, which would be from the shower drain to the main drain in a straight shot. When we asked...
  3. amirmohsen

What kind of pipe is this? Is it Poly B?

All of the pipes in my house are either copper or PEX. There's just one pipe that I'm not sure about. It's the main water supply line as you can see in the picture. Further up, it connects to a copper pipe. I've also attached a close-up picture of the writing on the pipe. The only information I...
  4. Lexd

Help with troubleshooting green water stain

We’re trying to figure out a plumbing/water treatment issue and I was hoping the experts here could help point us in the right direction. We’ve talked to some local plumbers and water treatment companies but none so far have given us confidence that they are familiar with this issue. We’re...
  5. C

Need help identifying adaptor for washing machine tap

Hello all! I just received a new washing machine at home, but unable to install it. Problem: The tap is too close to the wall, and there's not enough space to connect waching machine inlet pipe to the tap. Need help with: Identifying an adaptor that can connect to the tap without touching the...
  6. T

Pipe from gas boiler making loud noise (link to sound)

Hi, I have gas baseboard hot water heat with two taco zone valves. One zone in particular makes a loud knocking noise whenever the thermostat calls for heat. The noise is coming from the first part of the zone right where the zone valve is. I've been in the house for one full winter and I've...
  7. 729zoom

Pipes protruding past front of wall studs 1/8"

I just discovered the pipes run to the tub/shower valve stick out past the studs below the valve and above the valve before the pipe goes back more inside the wall cavity about 1' up. If the tile guy was planning to use backerboard, I believe this would pose a problem but if he floats the wall...
  8. Kitui

Sewage Drain corrosion

I am asking for a good friend. She had a plumber coming for a project and asked him to have a look at the corroded sewage pipe in the pic. Plumber said is fine. Does she need a second opinion? What do you think?
  9. ygDIY

Bad Pipe Design under Kitchen Sink?

Hi all, my kitchen sink always gets clogged, I think the pipe design is not good, unless there is some unobvious reason behind the current design. Please see the attached pictures. View from left of the disposal: View from right of the disposal: Do you think this is a reasonable design, or a...
  10. Eclecticmn

What pipe metal to use for cast iron radiators?

When I go to Home Depot I recall seeing black pipe, galv iron, and galv steel piping. What should I use to pipe in cast iron radiators?
  11. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Source for flexible corrugated copper tubing?

Wondering where I might purchase flexible corrugated copper tubing in lengths of 20 t0 24 feet, the whole length corrugated without any joints. Not to be used for plumbing, actually, but a ham radio antenna instead. The hoop type, technically known as a "magnetic loop". The idea is to coil it...
  12. Kyle the Donkey

400' residential water line. What size should I use

I am going to hook up to the city water line for a small 30' Yurt. My Yurt is 400 feet from the road. I have the option of installing a 1" or 1 1/2" water line with matching tap, meter, etc. I am concerned about the water pressure and volume of water at the Yurt because of the distance. The...
  13. Michael Crivello

Plumbing Issue Under Old Mobile Home

I live in a mobile home that is at least 10 years old ...if not older...with plumbing issues. I've had issues pretty much from the time I moved in around 8 years ago. The toilet never had enough water pressure to flush or wasn't really going down. Both the kitchen an bathroom sinks have...
  14. Rupspan

Relocate Vent Pipe - Tricky

I have a situation I need the communities help. We used to have a tub which had a tiled frame around it. To our surprise when we remove it we found this vent. We intend to put a free standing tub but need the vent pipe to be hidden. There is a header/beam in the way. I don’t want to cut into...
  15. Terry

Texas plumbing questions. How to repair plumbing leaks

Texas plumbing questions. How to repair plumbing leaks. Where is a main shutoff? Questions about my well Water heater questions Can I use Sharkbites to repair leaks, and is PEX a good repair pipe? What kind of pipe cutter is good for cutting out sections of pipe has split. You can check the...
  16. amy123

Cold water pipe making ticking sound?

My COLD water pipe is making frequent ticking sounds even when I do not have cold water running. Any ideas on what could be the issue?
  17. Lucas Hartford

LP Gas Regulator question

I am new to this forum and hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I have a camp that is off grid and can only be reached by foot - so my fuel source is limited to 40lb propane tanks. Currently I have two tanks on two stage regulator with auto switchover that feeds 3/8" copper for...
  18. tsos93

What happens if the flange knockout goes down the pipe??

Hi, I live in the city and I'm remodeling my upstairs bathroom. My flange knockout cap accidentally went down the 4in ASB pipe. How serious of an issue is this? What do I need to do to get it out? I've gotten some mixed answers. I had a plumber come and he scoped it out and found it to be about...
  19. GaryMetro

End of Gas Piping Run Capacity Issue

For 70' my iron natural gas piping is oversized, mostly 1-1/4" with 1" at the end. I want to extend 5' to a gas log burner which wants 110-130K btus. But the route is super tight (width-wise, no tight bends), and 1/2" CSST is the only reasonable logistical choice. Per sizing/length schedule I...
  20. Megan Richardson

Garbage disposal connection is short

Hi there- Im hoping someone can help direct me to the right tool to solve what looks like an easy fix. Apologies I don’t know the right lingo. The main drain pipe on my garbage disposal is too short so there is leak when water goes into the pvc elbow pipe. There is a teeny gap. It only leaks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks