bypass valve

1. Gene Ressler

Weird hot water circulator situation

Hi all. A year ago we bought the house of our dreams. 14 years old, 4br, 2 stories + attic. The inspection report noted the pressure relief on the hot water heater was bleeding. The expansion tank was full. Replaced that, and all has been well. While doing this I noticed there's a Grundfos...
  2. Martin Cooney

Where should recirculating pump be placed?

I have a heat pump water heater with a thermostatic mixing valve, expansion tank, vacuum breaker valve and a recirculating pump. My system does not have a dedicated return line so APCOM BPV Aqua-Flash Bypass Pressure Relief Valves are installed at sinks at the end of each circuit. Placement of...
  3. Byron Willis

General Ionics Water Softener, 8 X 44, Leak at the bypass

Hello there! I just did some maintenance on my water softener (General Ionics EE0824, 8" X 44" tank, .75 cu ft resin). I cleaned, lubed, and reassembled the brine valve assembly, I replaced the resin, I cleaned the tank and the distributor, and I cleaned and lubed the bypass valve fittings...
  4. bombay63

Install Fleck 5600 SXT without bypass valve.

The plumber installed the Fleck 5600 SXT based water softener without the bypass valve since he also installed 3 way bypass pipes with ball valve on incoming and outgoing pipes. Is there always a need to install bypass valve. Will it affect the running of the softener.
  5. tropostudio

System piping and bypass valve question

I've installed a Westinghouse WBRUNG080 modcon system, using Uponor manifolds and Myson T6 radiators. It is pretty much a home-run system, with each emitter having its own TRV, except for a couple locations where I installed a pair of emitters in series, using a Myson bypass valve at both units...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks