attic

1. PerryNotMason

shower + lav draining into toilet drain with attic bathroom

hi all, I'm installing a new small bathroom in my attic - the space is awkward and small, and my main question is about using space wisely. I'm located in Portland, oregon for code purposes. I intend on having a 3" toilet drain, as well as a lav sink and a shower in the new bathroom. new...
  2. A

Flooding and Water Damage Mitigation

In San Diego County, we are lucky to have Orange Restoration here! They are an international renowned mold and water damage experts. Check them out if you have a flood or need emergency plumbing in San Diego.
  3. Ganq

Water Heater Flue Pipe Making Knocking Sounds

Hi Everyone, We are in a 2 year old house. Every time the water heater turns on we hear loud knockings sound in the attic. We were able to find the pipe causing it - It's the flue pipe coming out of the water heater on the 1st floor and going up to the attic and having the exhaust out. The pipe...
  4. Marshall62

Ventilation stack leak

We have heavily used shower in an upstairs bathroom (with exhaust fan) that drains into a pipe that runs up/down an outside wall into the attic where it then turns and runs horizontally in toward the center of the building where it joins a larger diameter stack pipe. Its very cold in our attic...
  5. susque70

Pipe failure from mini-split A/C install

I'm a home owner that received a very unpleasant call while vacationing in Yellowstone from our dog sitter informing us that our downstairs bedroom ceiling had collapsed. repairs needed to the plaster ceiling, two plaster walls and hardwoods in need of refinishing. i am grateful the damage...
  6. LLC01

Exposed pipes in attic - insulate attic?

Background: The previous owner of the house ran pipes for an addition through the attic of the garage. The first 3 years we lived there, we had only problems with freezing in extreme temperatures as our heat pump was up there, which apparently generated sufficient heat to keep anything from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks