shower pan

1. K

Weep holes, mildew smell and fear...

Mildew smell in our master bath. Thought it was bath mats. It's not. Husband thought it was coming from outside the walk-in shower, possibly moisture under the LVP (maybe a leak from the shower); smell is far stronger from the weep hole directly on the other side, inside the shower. There's...
  2. Brian Kehlmeier

Waterproof layer between mortar and subfloor for shower pan?

I have read in these forums various materials used to decouple the mortar bed from the OSB subfloor, but I question its purpose. If the shower pan is being screwed into the studs it makes sense, but the Dreamline shower pan I am using does not. It seems to me that I would WANT the mortar to...
  3. Elliot Coard

Old Subfloor Under Cast Iron Tub

Hey everyone, this is my first DIY renovation. I'm mechanically inclined (Auto tech by trade), and I pride myself on research, just so I have a general idea and am not completely ignorant to what's going on. :cool: With that being said, My home was built in 1924, I just gutted the bathroom, and...
  4. Billy Smith

any1 know of any shower base pans w/o pre-cut hole or ....?

or.... should i get a plumber? Thank you Terry Love for the info a week ago about how you would have to change the plumbing underneath to match the new hole...that makes sense...... i learn something everyday....im 25 and not the best construction guy but i can figure a decent amount out...
  5. Billy Smith

Question about Shower Base Pan Hole Install. T.Y.!

Hello, thanks for reading this and my question i have is about when i goto put in a new shower base pan, the locating of the hole with the new kits.... will it line up or does it come as a "holeless" pan and you make a hole yourself?.....okay so i have a 5 year old shower enclosure thats getting...
  6. digitalsam

Mortar Shower Pan Timing Question

Hello, We are converting a tub to a shower and have questions about curing times. I put down the first layer of mortar to create the slope and am about to lay down the PVC liner and put up the cement board on the walls. My question is: when I put down the second mortar layer, how long do I wait...
  7. Algen

Plumber did not set shower pan square, any advice?

So the pan was installed last week for our shower. Prior to the plumber showing up, I plumbed all the walls with sister studs. When the plumbers left the tub was still covered. In fact the tub stayed covered until last night, when I needed to tape the tub off for redgard. Unfortunately, the pan...
  8. Rjs12801

Removing shower drain/ shower remodel

Im Remodeling the bathroom in my upstairs apartment. My house was built in 1905, I purchased it in 2016, i don’t know anything about the history or when/ how many times this bathroom has been remodeled. I had hired someone to do the job, but with the whole corona thing he has since stopped...
  9. Ashok Kumar

Recommendation for repair of Vikrell shower pan

Unfortunately, I have a potentially serious issue related to my newly installed shower, and I'm hoping someone here can recommend a local professional who can help. My Sterling Vikrell shower pan has developed a small hairline crack near the drain. I just finished remodeling my entire 3 story...
  10. Jrland

Building a shower pan over a concrete slab.

I'm going to use the schluter Kerdi system of waterproofing but I'm thinking of pouring my own pan because of the odd size. I haven't been able to find out definitively if I need to put a barrier between the concrete slab and the deck mud. Also, I was going to make a curb but looking at the...
  11. JLD1983

Shower curb issue leak

Hi - recently had shower stall redone. Had brand new shower pan put in - custom made tile ready shower pan. It was tiled over and a two piece marble saddle/curb put in. We just started using the shower and noticed on the outside of the shower, underneath the marble saddle there is water leaking...
  12. JLD1983

New shower pan / gut?

hi all - we discovered a leak in our shower stall. It left some staining on the ceiling below. Shower stall done about 15 years ago. After some investigation, it was determined it was likely the shower pan. Our tile guy just ripped open most of the first row of wall tiles and the shower stall...
  13. Mer1

Help! Hydro Ban patch over hot mop?

I need your professional advice whether a Laticrete Hydro Ban patch in of a drain over hot mop will work. My contractor neglected to install my new drain in a high end Master Bath redo. When brought to his attention he drilled out the tile and the old drain. Installed the new (cast iron) drain...
  14. DIY DAD 2591

How long before i can walk on shower pan?

hi all, just laid my premade shower pan into a bed of rapid set mortar mix. how long before i can walk on the shower pan to install my cement board? here is the product.
  15. DIY DAD 2591

Backer board, what do you recommend i do?

Hi all, working on a bathroom remodel and was wondering what the norm is when it comes to hanging up the cement board for shower walls. my question is if you have to overlap the shower pan flange or can i have my cement board flush with the flange. I'm hoping i can have it flush because furring...
  16. Derek Sutherland

Double slopes on a shower floor?

I am getting ready to build a mortar base for a shower. I'm pretty sure I know how to do it correctly except for one part I'm confused about - the slope. Most videos show a two layer mortar system and it seems that each layer is sloped 1/4 inch per foot. After the second layer of mortar is...
  17. SJMaye

Lurker seeking help with squeaky shower pan

I have been remodeling 2 bathrooms and have been lurking / reading through this forum for a while answering questions to problems I have run in to . Now, I am stuck and need some professional advice. I recently set my new 30" x 60" shower pan. I set it in a mortar bed like the instructions...
  18. Dan Morey

Custom Foam Shower Pan?

I'm scrapping my mortarbed shower pan plans for one of these foam setups - much like Kerdi/Schluter. However, I'm wondering if i can just build my own rather than buying into their whole system. My shower is uniquely sized and the drain is off-center - so no kit fits perfectly. I'm thinking of...
  19. RAUL BAEZ

DO I NEED TO INSTALL SHOWER PAN FOR A SHOWER ON A CONCRETE FLOOR?

I AM BUILDING A HOUSE AND HAD THE IDEA TO INSTALL A SHOWER HEAD IN A FIRST FLOOR POWDER ROOM. I ASSUMED SINCE THE FINISHED FLOOR WILL BE CONCRETE I COULD DROP THE CONCRETE AT THE POWDER ROOM AND HAVE A FLOOR DRAIN. FOR THE FEW TIMES I ASCTUALLY DECIDE TO USE THE SHOWER. SO THE IDEA SEEMED...
  20. Jayepeazy

Shower Pan Question

I had a handyman redo my walk-in shower a few months back, and I just recently noticed nearby water damage to the hallway floor (on the other side of the shower wall). I cut back the drywall a bit and found some mold. Originally I wasn't sure if he just did a poor job of caulking between the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks