filter

1. T

Clear water after well flush, orange next day

When flushing well at pressure tank, water pumps crystal clear after 10-15 minutes (I've also flushed for 48+ hours), but within 24 hours, water will begin to look orange/ferrous again. We had water tested after a flush and the results for iron/sediment/hardness were all ideal. I also raised...
  2. R

Iron / Manganese Greensand Filter Questions

Hello, I have a new residential water system with a well pump. 15 gallons per minute, 220V pump, 175' deep, Pressure tank 70psi. See test results below. Our local water system company suggested a 10x54 1.5 CF Greensand filter, three bags 44lb of Greensand Plus with a gravel bed. The filter was...
  3. Rick Ross

Filtering a heavily clay-laden Tennessee well

I recently bought a 3-bedroom, 2 1/2-bath house from my neighbors at the top of a big hill in the country just north of Nashville, TN. I am the 3rd owner of the house, which was built in 2007. An 80-foot well was completed in October, 2007. The well has 6-inch galvanized casing all the way down...
  4. nbailey

Help with understanding report and identify needs

I am planning a renovation/addition to my house and part of that process will involve the plumbing. For years there has only been a whole house filter and a Whirlpool water softener, which has done fine at keeping stains out of the tub, but it has seen better days. I want to make sure I replace...
  5. Cyahr

Filter for sprinkler system

I have the problem of my sprinkler heads getting clogged up with a reddish/orange sediment that looks like sand. I’m assuming it’s iron/rust. My question is, I have a old pool filter on the side of my house. The exact model is the Hayward C900. Would that work for filtering the water going...
  6. Pilotdog68

Water pressure at 80-85psi, do I need a PRV?

My water softener got fried (because of a dumb mistake) and before putting in a new one I decided to install a whole house filter and bypass loop to tame the chlorine. Part of that loop includes some pressure gauges and I found that our pressure is pretty steadily 80-85psi on city water. I...
  7. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Water Softener & Iron Filter Drain Lines - To Sump or Septic?

The systems will be installed in a "closet" with the pressure tank. There are no floor drains nearby but the sump pit is about 15' away. There's also a bathroom directly overhead on the floor above. I searched here and the advice seems 50/50. It could be good or bad for the septic system, and...
  8. Medwar

Beat the drought! Pumping & filtering a seeping spring

The drought is upon us here in the west, and I'm finally getting around to tapping a seeping (~ 1 gpm) spring in a seasonal creek on our property. Goal is to pump the water about 30 ft. vertically, and 80 ft. linearly to a ~500 gallon holding tank. Its unclear what our rights are to the water...
  9. davearonson

Washing machine hose length?

Our washing machine has a hose that comes out the bottom back, goes over to the sink, drapes into the sink, and is then long enough that the filter on the end (like a mesh sock) is laying down in the sink and getting moldy. We're thinking of cutting it short so that the filter dangles like it...
  10. nasonjo

Water Pressure Issues due to tank

I have been having water fluctuating water pressure issues for the past 1.5 years. I have a water softener and another filter for Iron, Manganese, and Sulfide that was installed in 2014 (before I owned the house). I finally had a plumber come out and we actually worked through the issue step by...
  11. crabby_old_dude

Under counter water filter in basement

Hello All, I bought an under counter sediment filter to feed the fridge, where we get all our drinking water from. I was going to initially going to put the filter in a cabinet next to the fridge, but it's a bit big and don't want to waste the space. I'm toying with the possibility of...
  12. Dave25

Help with RO water installation?

Hello there I just purchased an RO water filtration system for my kitchen sink. I think I have the whole thing figured out but I'm having trouble trying to connect a drain line because I live in an apartment and I would prefer to not drill a hole in the main drain pipe. Here's a photo...
  13. Terry

Feeling stupid, my tankless water heater turns cold when I'm in the shower

Tankless water heaters are fairly new to us, and we're just starting to find out the funny little tricks they play on us. The favorite one is water turning cold while in the shower. That like never happens with a standard vented tank water heater. The tankless is different though. For starters...
  14. bombcar

Water filtering/softening first steps?

It seems the first thing to do is get a test done on my city water (New Richmond, WI, small city, three municipal wells). After I have that I can start to determine what filters and softeners I should get, and in what order. Is that correct? What's a good water test? I assume the $5...
  15. Drake Alas

EMKA Fresh LLC - direct distributors of Goulds, Hydranautics, and Watts

Hello everyone on Terrylove, I am here to advertise the company EMKA Fresh LLC. We are direct distributors for the companies Goulds, Hydranautics, Watts, and are reaching out to other companies as well. We offer any item on the catalogs for these companies at a relatively cheap price! So if...
  16. NovicePete

Sediment in faucet screens and shower head

We have had an a build up of sediment in our faucets and shower head for the better part of a year. We can also see the sediment whenever the bath faucet is run for more than a few minutes. I have flushed the hot water heater and had the City come out to flush the water line. This seemed to help...
  17. Ronaldo38

RO Filter Drain

My water softener is in the basement directly under our kitchen. As you know Reverse Osmosis water filters waste about 3 to 4 gallons of water for each gallon they make. So, is there any reason I cannot drain that "waste" water into my water softener tank? That "waste" water is actually...
  18. RainJet

Inline water filter for coffee maker clogged, leaking carbon out inlet

Hi folks I need your help please, I have a commercial Curtis d60gt coffee machine that is connected to residential 1/2" water line using a reducing angle stop to a 1/4" copper line, before it goes into the coffee machine the water passes through a inline filter, a Everpure EV9100-06 IN-10...
  19. MDK8998

Choosing New Home softening/filter system

We have a Culligan Super S that was installed when we bought the home. We had replaced the tank but it is time for that again. In addition, the backflush /purex part of the system is NOT working right. It pulls the entire bottle in one regen, and leaves the whole system smelling horrid. We are...
  20. herzogzwei

Fleck 5600sxt quit softening after sediment filter change

I have a fleck 5600sxt that has worked great for the last 6 months. I changed my sediment filter (installed before the softener) and instantly the water is no longer soft. Could I have created some kind of vapor lock that is preventing the water from going through the filter?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks