fernco

1. Jimmyjames905

Fernco fitting leaking

Hello guys I am redoing my bathroom and I hammered through the concrete and dug down to the 4” clay pipe cut it just behind the hub and I’ve used a 4” clay to 4” ABS Fernco fitting as seen in the pics I’ll post I can’t do a water hold test on these pipes so I filled a couple buckets with water...
  2. Jeff Little

Lead bend drain pinholes!? Need to replace/fix leaking toilet waste pipe.

Hi folks, this is my first post here. I have a leak in a toilet drain. The house is 82 or 84 years old and this is guaranteed to be 100% original. I'm assuming a popular fix is to remove the ferrule and get a Fernco Donut -> ABS solution in place. Or is it easier (and is there enough of the...
  3. OffGridICF

How do you set DWV pipes at finish floor level then place concrete over them?

The house we are building will have a polished concrete slab on grade as the finished floor. The concrete guy asked if the underground drain and vent lines can be cut level at the top of the finished concrete floor before he places the concrete. He said he used to do this in another state and it...
  4. Timothy Beall

Basement sink drain question

Hello all, I moved into my home about 7 years ago and I am remodeling my basement bathroom. I removed the vanity and found a standard 1 1/4” drain from sink going into a slightly odd array of reducers/couplings to join the 2” pvc drain sticking out of the the concrete. At my local hardware...
  5. Adam71

Plumber didn't remove ferrule in cast iron tee

After reviewing your site and others, it seemed best I hire a plumber to remove the brass ferrule and install a rubber donut for the toliet flange arm to install in my cast iron stack tee. The plumber said he didn't need to do all that work and simply sawed the off the brass or lead arm at the...
  6. Regis Tration

Grounding A Well

Recently I had no choice but to cut off the corroded top of my well casing. Here is what it looked like: I replaced the casing with PVC and a Fernco coupling. I know that many people disapprove of the Fernco coupling, but the well is in an extremely remote ocean island location with no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks