black pipe

1. water_tight

Propane Inlet Code & Inspection Confusion (IRC 2015)

This is for a new piping system to feed propane (LP) to a new gas stove in the State of Connecticut which is governed by International Residential Code 2015 (IRC 2015). According to "G2421.2 (410.2) MP Regulators": 5. A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed between...
  2. Sampep

Replacement Gas Line Installation

Hi, I'm a DIY-er who just replaced my 40 year old 30' galvanized gas line with new black pipe. I have a few questions about the process: 1. I saw some people say to not use yellow Teflon. Instead, only use dope, as the Teflon can tear and break appliances. I didn't see this until after I did...
  3. JimNY

Curious about 2021 costs to replace ~25ft of black pipe and couplings?

Hi, Been ages since we had any real pipe fitting done, so kinda curious if the $2K quote is in line around the US. (And, yeah, money is real tight - but a leak is a leak.) Detail: A short section of a basement-floor horizontal steam return pipe rotted through. Plumber proposed also replacing...
  4. kcross57

Leaking from both upstairs' bathrooms

My home was built in 1978 and recently I found out that each time the toilets are flushed or water running in the sinks or showers from either bathroom (have two) upstairs, water is leaking down to the first floor. After finding watermarks on a wall downstairs inside my laundry closet and...
  5. Madscientistii

HDPE (black poly) drop pipe Question

Is it OK to use 1 inch SD1R 160 PSI rated black poly for a drop in well or should you use a thick wall pipe like a SDR-7 160 PSI rated pipe? the first one is whats most commonly available around me for water systems. thanks!
  6. Chris needs help

Natural Gas supply improvement

OK, I can't believe how difficult it has been to find information/know-how regarding what seems to be a very straight forward problem / solution. My current NG supply is 6 wc, which after making appliance additions to my residence now is inadequate (current demand is 400 BTU max for 6 NG...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks