water hammer

1. R

Thermostatic valve water hammer issues

Hi Folks, I have Aqua Brass T12002 TURBO thermostatic valve with 2 shut-off valves. 1 shut off controls body pray jets, 1 shut off controls rain head and another shut off (seperate) leads to a handheld Showerhead. There are no issues when any of these components are in use. However...
  2. A

How to fix Water hammer in pump process system

I just finished a project at my first internship/co-op that involves making a pump system automated. Basically, the operator will type in the pressure setpoint, and a variety of devices will work together to increase the pump to pressure. The pump I am using is a Haskal 4b-14 pump. I have a...
  3. moflow

Sioux Chief Water Hammer Arrestor - Problem Solved?

Anyone have trouble with Sioux Chief Mini Arresters for water hammer? I poured vinegar into a failed Sioux Chief Mini Arrestor used on a washing machine, let it soak for 90 minutes or so, rinsed it thoroughly, and replaced. The Arrestor is now working perfectly. I'm not sure if the fix is due...
  4. Phelpdk

How to confirm water hammer??

This past winter I starting noticing a LOUD thudding noise that vibrates my whole house. At first it would only last 15 - 20 seconds. As it was seemingly coming from my basement where all the mechancial "guts" of my home are, my first guess was that it was my hot water heater vibrating from...
  5. Joshmee123

Loud bang near water heater when Sloan toilet is flushed.

Hello to whoever can help me. I'm trying to stop a noise issue in a busy 20 unit salon located in a mall. Every time a Sloan toilet is flushed (3 of them) there is a loud water hammer bang in the ceiling near the commercial cyclone heater. I've installed arrestors on the riser 90s in the drop...
  6. DYIRich

Air in line- submersible well pump

System works fine- cut-in/out pressures correct (45 seconds from cut-in to out), draw down OK (about 9 gal. 32 gal. Water Worker tank. But- considerable air in line pushed into tank at start-up. At cut out, pressure immediately drops about 2lbs. and then holds steady. Some water hammer at...
  7. Stewart5906

Water Hammer after Washer Hose Replacement

Update 7/1: Problem Solved! Thank you @Worth Florida! Recently my husband changed the hot and cold water hoses on the washer with new hoses, and the water hammer issues started immediately. The washer has Sioux Chief AA size mini resters installed at the wall, not on the washer. They must have...
  8. rest_in_pasta

Resonance (jack hammering) at main shutoff when toilet tank starts filling

Observed the phenomenon after new HE washing machine was installed in 2018. Had no instances of jack hammering at the main water shutoff valve with previous washing machine. -House built in 1988 -all polybutylene piping was replaced in the mid-90s with 1/2" copper -water shut off (in the...
  9. Tygerant

Water hammer at end of softener cycle

Hi we have a Fleck 5600 its a couple of years old, it seemed to work ok but when it was 6-8 months it started to get water hammer towards end of cycle. The hammer got progressively worse so after reading some I tightened up metal nut on valve line that goes to brine tank then both line nuts...
  10. PatK

Bad shower valve causing water hammer?

I have had an issue with water pipe hammering for a number of weeks and can't get it to stop. I had my shower replaced about a year ago. Up until a couple weeks ago, there was no issue with hammering. Now, it has gotten really bad. I added pipe insulation all over the place, added and tightened...
  11. Jedward

Major Water Hammer Issue

I'm at a loss - I've tried everything I can think of, so its time to turn to the experts. I've attached a rudimentary schematic to help you understand the general layout of things. My House is up on a hill, so the street (including municipal water) is probably 15-20 vertical feet below the...
  12. Girafdaniels

Solve a water hammer upstream?

My upstairs shower has an annoying water hammer issue when turning the water on/off “upstream” of the shower. For example, when water is turned on/off for the faucet (or toilet) in the same bathroom, the shower will “knock” right at the valve. I’ve been able to ensure that the valve itself (and...
  13. Tom2rn

Water hammer issue

I just recently installed a 50 gallon water heater in my garage. I had a low boy in the crawlspace and decided I'm too old and fat to keep climbing under there. A plumber friend from work (I work at a hospital) helped me. We added a recirculation line. I insulated the recirculation and...
  14. TRK

Perplexing water hammer issue

Hello, I have a water hammer issue that I haven't been able to find on this forum, or elsewhere on the internet. *The hammer occurs on the 2nd floor near/between two bathrooms. *The hammer is easily triggered by turning off either the hot or cold of any faucet, or any bathtub (anywhere in...
  15. Stumped789

Stumped re water hammer issue

We have a 1940's house with a 20 year old upstairs addition. We have never had water hammer before until recently. Work done recently which could correspond with the timing of water hammer are new water heater and new flooring which involved disconnecting and reconnecting appliances. Water...
  16. Nigel Ellis

Water hammering when pressure pump runs

Hi folks, First time poster here. I’m looking for some help in addressing a water hammering issue. This is not a new issue - we bought the house a while ago and have always experienced some kind of hammering going on. System setup: * In-ground pump that fills a holding tank *...
  17. Bob123456

Water hammer problems whole house.

Hi Everyone I had a water filtration system installed by a professional company recently and am experiencing water hammer throughout the house. It is most noticeable in my main floor powder room that has a new toilet. After the toilet is flushed a random series of bangs and (water hammer)...
  18. DYIWannabe

Water Hammer Mystery

After a master bathroom remodel (new shower tiles and valves), every time the toilet flush or any faucet within 50 feet closes, there's a knocking sound from wall and ceiling with the shower. The piping is CPVC and PEX just at the shower. I tried a small hammer arrestor at the toilet and...
  19. Evan conklin

Need help with banging pipes

This will take a bit to explain but I will try my best. I live in a guest house of a friend. A few weeks ago I needed to turn off the outflow from the hot water heater. When I turned it back on we starters getting some banging pipes. We drained the system and tried to bleed air out of it to no...
  20. Smokey19

Combined two water heaters and now have hammer problems

Hoping some experts can chime in and help out. Both my plumber and I are stumped. Here's what we did: 1. Replaced two 50 gallon water heaters in the attic with a 75 gallon in the garage (18" off the floor). The 75 gallon was directly below one of the old 50's in the attic, and we ran and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks