laundry room

1. J

Laundry drain relocation and sink addition

Hello, I'm starting a laundry room remodel and am looking for someone to check my work before I go any further. This is a second-floor laundry room. I am relocating the laundry drain about 4' from its previous location and I am adding a sink. I've attached a drawing of what I think I need to...
  2. M

Tie water heater drain pan into utility sink standpipe?

Hello all, first time here... Doing a basement remodel and the boss (wife ) has requested a new laundry room. I'm moving the washer and dryer to make the setup more useful, and raising the floor to match the height of the existing finished floor. I've removed the water heater to get the...
  3. Retthood

Upstairs laundry room drain/vent?

Hello, I recently purchased a new home with un upstairs laundry room. The moving company hooked up the washer and said it was good to go. It wasn't, and they stripped the attachment, which caused a slow leak. Fortunately, the washer had a drip pan, but it overflowed and the water made its way...
  4. DIYdidyoudothat

Adding laundry sink next to washer, can I share the drain and vent?

Hello, i want to install a vanity sink unit from Costco to the left of our washer and dryer. These photos were taken pre-drywall but the home is finished and inhabited now so the less cutting into drywall the better. Can I tap the utility sink's drain into the vertical pipe, either below or...
  5. BamBoozzled

When I turn on my Air Conditioner my laundry room drain smells.

Hi everyone! First post here looking for some help! A couple years ago we had a sewer backup that left us with 3 feet of water in our basement. After that we had to replace our air conditioner and we started to smell sewer (the same smell from the flood) around our house. We thought it was the...
  6. David in Va

Is this drain hookup for laundry sink and stand pipe OK?

I have a laundry sink with 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe that hooks about two feet over to a sanitary T fitting (lower end to 2 inch drain pipe in basement floor, PVC 2 inch vent goes up to the roof - the vent also serves, through take-offs higher up, a shower drain and I believe also a toilet drain...
  7. landsbergfan

How to remodel basement laundry after moving washer/dryer

Hello all. I have used this site as a great resource and found enough info to where I think I know the answer, but want to make a unique thread to be sure. Thanks in advance for the help! I am moving my washer and dryer for a basement remodel with the goal putting them side by side and...
  8. Murphyd

Remodel laundry room - washer and sink vent stack?

I have read most of the posts on adding sink to laundry room and believe I have correct but wanted to make sure I meet UPC 2015 code for drain and vent stack. Here is picture I found and adapted for my remodel. Moving washer to the right and adding sink to where washer was located. Single story...
  9. Michael Hoefling

Laundry Room - Pump and drain line

I am new to the joining the site but have been watching on the sidelines for awhile reading as much as I can. Now I have project! I am renovation my laundry room and moving my washer/dryer that is where the problem comes in. Now my washer is on the opposite side of the drain line. I would like...
  10. Natasha

Washer drain pipe

Recently just moved into a house. (Little over a week ago) Theres a washer hook up in our half bath. With the drain pipe in the center of the dry wall. This morning I notice a ton of water on the floor, and we couldnt find the source. Come home from an errand an hr ago and we hear water flowing...
  11. ArcticLeaf

Washer Drain Overflowing

Hello Everyone! I’m at my wits end with my washer drain overflowing and would appreciate any advice. I live in a 1970s mobile home, so it has 1-1/2” plumbing for the washer stack and drain. In the fall of last year, I replaced my old washer with a new Speed Queen toploader. It worked fine...
  12. Mitzy

Venting for new bathroom

I am putting in a new laundry/bath. It has a shower, sink, toilet, washer. It is right next to my other bath, which has a sink, shower, and toilet. The original bath has a 3" vent in the roof. By code, will I be able to tie in my new laundry/bath to the 3" vent and save a hole in the roof? The...
  13. Br1Guy

Advice on adding a utility sink to laundry room, with an unusual plumbing layout.

I love this site and find it useful, but I cannot find information on my setup. I want to add a utility sink to my laundry room on the first floor (with basement below and second floor above). I can see what I believe to be a vent pipe, and the washer drain. I don't know how to tie the sink into...
  14. rozemary

Can I turn my laundry room into wet room shower?

I need a temporary, accessible shower downstairs. I have a small laundry room with a floor drain and hot & cold water taps. Would this drain be adequate to use as a shower drain? The house is on a slab, so I'd like to avoid any jackhammering. I have a very limited budget. I would appreciate any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks