polybutylene

1. U

Pinch clamp on polybutylene

Greetings. Can I use a pinch clamp on the Polybutylene side of a Pex to Polybuylene fitting? The fitting is cold expansion pex (Uponor). I have fittings, but only have pinch clamps convenient. Although the clamp manufacturers don't state polybutylene compatible in the information I could find...
  2. amirmohsen

What kind of pipe is this? Is it Poly B?

All of the pipes in my house are either copper or PEX. There's just one pipe that I'm not sure about. It's the main water supply line as you can see in the picture. Further up, it connects to a copper pipe. I've also attached a close-up picture of the writing on the pipe. The only information I...
  3. rest_in_pasta

Resonance (jack hammering) at main shutoff when toilet tank starts filling

Observed the phenomenon after new HE washing machine was installed in 2018. Had no instances of jack hammering at the main water shutoff valve with previous washing machine. -House built in 1988 -all polybutylene piping was replaced in the mid-90s with 1/2" copper -water shut off (in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks