flush-valve

1. TexasHokie

Flush valve won’t stop leaking

I’ve done this or similar repairs at least 15 times (home owner for 30 years and own rental properties) I believe this is a 15 year old American Standard. Just says Vitromex on the inside of the tank. I’ve replaced the 2” flush valve 2x’s now with both HD & Lowe’s kits. The Loews kit is the...
  2. huttarl

Recommended Tank Water Level Before Refill?

When replacing a flush valve, the replacement flush valve instructions say: before removing the old flush valve, mark the existing water level in the tank after the flush valve closes, before the tank refills. But in my case, the old flush valve is broken -- that's why I'm replacing it! :) The...
  3. huttarl

Identifying and replacing broken cylindrical American Standard Champion flush valve,.

I have a broken flush valve that looks like this (the whitish cylinder in the center of the tank): The guy at Lowe's had never seen the like. Searching online, I see a lot of info about Kohler-style flush valves, but this is not quite that, and the instructions for removing a Kohler-style...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks