utility sink

1. M

Tie water heater drain pan into utility sink standpipe?

Hello all, first time here... Doing a basement remodel and the boss (wife ) has requested a new laundry room. I'm moving the washer and dryer to make the setup more useful, and raising the floor to match the height of the existing finished floor. I've removed the water heater to get the...
  2. I

Laundry sink waste into standpipe

I'm located in New Jersey and would like to add a laundry sink beside my basement laundry machines and understand that it might be possible for the waste to be tied into the existing standpipe. Since the horizontal 2" pipe sits at around 28" from the floor (and I assume the waste for most...
  3. S

Not sure which pipe to add a a San-t to for a laundry room sink.

I recently opened up the wall in my laundry room to rough in pipes for a laundry sink. I’m thinking of tying into the pipe to the right shown in the attached picture. Thing is, I think this is a vent pipe that runs to the second floor… but not sure. I think if I tie into the laundry room vent...
  4. S

Utility Sink Rough in Drain and water lines.

Hey There, Working on remodeling my laundry room and would like to install a utility sink. Opened up my wall and observed the following: A 2” Washer drain pipe starting from the far left stud then attaching to a Sanitary-T to a 2” vent pipe that turns into what I think is called a Wet-Vent...
  5. G

Repost- Draining utility sink into main stack in basement- backflow question

**Got spammed off the front page. Reposting for visibility. Hi plumbing pros- I'm looking to if what I would like to attempt is even possible before I submit for the permit. Work would be done DIY as the homeowner- allowed in my jurisdiction. This is a brand new bungalow (built 2022) in...
  6. G

Adding utility sink to drain stack from main floor

Hi plumbing pros- I'm looking to if what I would like to attempt is even possible before I submit for the permit. Work would be done DIY as the homeowner- allowed in my jurisdiction. This is a brand new bungalow (built 2022) in Manitoba Canada. Spec home so I unfortunately wasn’t able to add all...
  7. DIYdidyoudothat

Adding laundry sink next to washer, can I share the drain and vent?

Hello, i want to install a vanity sink unit from Costco to the left of our washer and dryer. These photos were taken pre-drywall but the home is finished and inhabited now so the less cutting into drywall the better. Can I tap the utility sink's drain into the vertical pipe, either below or...
  8. Strapping Young Comrad

Adding sink drain to washer drain without going thru studs

Hi All, I have been researching this and have not seen an exact scenario but I am hoping that I have come to the correct answers. If someone can review my potential install that would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to add a utility sink drain to my existing washer drain plumbing. I have...
  9. RasJ

Washing Machine drain

I am currently turning the part of my garage where the washer/dryer is into a laundry room, which includes adding a utility sink. So after much internet researching, especially this site, and brain racking I came up with the following in the pictures below. I have 2 questions: 1. Did I do this...
  10. Brad Garrison

Utility Sink Vent

Hi, first time posting. I moved into a new house and I want to put a utility sink in the basement. There is already plumbing done that looks to be ready for a sink and toilet to be installed. My main question is with installing the p drain for the sink and if I need to do anything as far as a...
  11. walkingmiller

Running Washer Drain Into Utility Sink

Hello! First of all, this forum has been incredibly helpful as I work through home renovations. Thank you all for your time and advice! Now onto my specific question - I am moving our washer and dryer to the other side of our laundry room (we are expanding a bathroom, so we have to move it)...
  12. jdmstop

HELP! Utility sink to washer stand pipe rough-in inside the garage

Hello fellow experts/ forum members: This old home always had a utility sink that serve as the washer drain inside my garage, since I'm doing a remodel, I would like to get some advices from you all on the best way of adding washer stand pipe/ vent/ trap to the original waste drain. I've saw...
  13. Just Trying My Best

Updated Laundry Tray and Washer Diagram

Hi all, I'm installing a new utility sink and relocating the washer. Working off of Terry's infamous Laundry Tray and Washer Rough-In diagram, I placed the washer and sink on separate walls. So my question: 1. Is it okay to turn the 2x2x2 long sani-T 90 degrees so it's horizontal rather than...
  14. John Bush

Adding Washing Machine Standpipe in Basement

Right now, my washing machine in the basement drains into one of those very old, super-heavy concrete utility sinks. The sink is starting to crack and leaking more often, it often clogs with the lint from the washer, and we're tired of switching out the mesh sock covers. I want to put in a...
  15. RapaNui

Downstairs Toilet Bubble Explosion, Floor Drain Overflows -No Apparent Clog in Plumbing or Vent Pipe

Hi all, This past Summer we purchased our first house, a split-level from the 1960's. With this purchase we had the sewer line inspected by camera and cleaned a couple months after we moved in. Since we've had the house, the basement toilet splashes when upstairs toilet is flushed. These...
  16. K-Man

Best way to wet vent a washing maching and utility sink?

I inherited a small mess that I am cleaning up. The basement washing machine and utility sink wet vent into a 1-1/2" riser that goes thru the concrete slab, w/ an AAV -- I am stuck with that situation (these were installed by a plumber for the previous owner.) I don't know the DFU but if not...
  17. artistsnature

Adding washing machine and tray to bathroom DWV

Hi guys, I'm trying to tie a new laundry room into an existing bathroom on a raised slab. The copper supply lines (as well as cast iron drains) are all under concrete, so I'm going to cut them off and re-route them through the walls. My concern is, is it okay to patch the washer and tray into...
  18. vaulterben

Adding utility sink and washing machine drain to existing drain from floor above with AAV

I'm trying to relocate my washer and add a utility sink in my basement. The only drain option I can think of is to use the existing 2" drain pipe from the kitchen sink, with dishwasher on the floor directly above. I have drawn up the following two options utilizing an AAV. Is this against code...
  19. MollyJo

Old Utility Sink Help!

So I'm going to be honest. I'm a 21-year-old female with very little experience with plumbing. I did replace our house's faucet on a whim last year and found the process very easy. I have completely refinished our 100-year-old wood floors by myself and have also re-tiled a few floors without any...
  20. Br1Guy

Advice on adding a utility sink to laundry room, with an unusual plumbing layout.

I love this site and find it useful, but I cannot find information on my setup. I want to add a utility sink to my laundry room on the first floor (with basement below and second floor above). I can see what I believe to be a vent pipe, and the washer drain. I don't know how to tie the sink into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks