shut off valve

1. T

Toilet Shut Off Valve - replace washer?

Is it possible to replace a rubber washer on a toilet shut-off valve shown below? After shutting off this valve to install a new fill valve inside the toilet, then turning this shut-off valve back on, the drip was significant: about 1 cup water every 24 hours. After tightening the highlighted...
  2. J

Smart Toilet Install - Broken Flange

I'm installing a new smart toilet and when I removed the old toilet, the flange was rusted out. I assumed after watching some videos that I would be able to simply cut out the existing glued in flange and replace with a new one. However, I think my flange is one piece with the elbow below...
  3. Qudrcps

Check-valve for Moen 2400 valve

I have a circa 1970-71 condo with a Moen Bath-Sh0wer valve with a built in diverter. I assume this is the 2400 series. Being 50 years old, I'm not sure when the cartridge was last replaced, and the spool if ever. In cleaning this up, I did put in a new diverter (amazing what it is supposed to...
  4. Joe Castillo

Ice maker line stop

Hello I have a corroded ice-maker water line under the sink. It appears the 1/2" pipe was soldered to add a 1/4" threaded female. And then a 1/4" to 1/4" brass shut off vale was installed. Is it best to cut this off and use a compression valve, or re-use a 1/4" to 1/4" valve? If I cut off the...
  5. Boltnut

Dual Purpose Water Supply Line

Hello Everyone! I have an IBC tote in the front yard and use a transfer pump to store water in a 2400-gallon storage tank in the backyard. This supply line is 1.5" PVC above ground. I have a 2" underground supply line running from the 2400-gallon storage tank up to the house pump. Well, in...
  6. NSR

Sink Shutoff Valve ? Switzerland

Does anyone know if these are shutoff valves? (pics attached) They look like they could be but they also just look like bolt covering things. I moved to Switzerland and would like to replace the kitchen sink faucet, but don't want to go turning things that should not be turned. The green...
  7. BadSurprise

Failing dual handle kitchen shut off valve

If a dual handle, dual outlet shut off valve that supplies hot water to the faucet and dishwasher was failing, would that impact the performance of the dishwasher? New dishwasher bought 9/2016, stopped effectively cleaning 1/2018 Single handle faucet replaced 11/2018 Appliance repair man...
  8. Dinesh

Where is my shutoff valve? Loose key stop

Hey folks! Amateur DIY'er. I'm trying to install an aftermarket toilet water spray (bidet-like). To do this I obviously need to shut off the water to the tank to add the splitter. I can't figure out the darn valve shut off. I've attached a pic for anyone who can help me out. Thanks, Dinesh
  9. Manuel Angel Batrez

Adding a Shutoff Valve to a Water Heater

I currently have a PVC Sch 40 Ball Valve as the shutoff of cold water into my water heater. I'm afraid of breaking it everytime I try to shut it off. I need to use a wrench to fully close it. I was wondering if there was a way to install a new shutoff valve "down the line". The current Ball...
  10. Juvi

Water shut off not fully shutting off water

I have to replace the guts of my toilet. When I shut off the water, there seems to be a little bit of water still coming out top of the line, which I had disconnected from the fill valve. Thought it might be the line, so I bought a new one. But that didnt seem to make a difference. I’m...
  11. Kate327

Are these shut offs??

Are the plastic knobs supposed to turn?? Seem very stuck and not sure direction to keep trying to turn??? Thank you!!!
  12. Joe Hunter

under house water shut off and drain switches

Hi All, Want to be able to shut off main water line in crawl space off via a switch inside and also want to install another valve right above to drain the lines for winter protection while gone and possibly another valve to pump in rv antifreeze into system, 3 story house with 4 bathrooms. Have...
  13. suttonjosh

Irrigation line dripping.......

Hi all, I have a main shut off for my irrigation (yellow circle on image) and there is a spigot (red circle on image) a bit up from there to make sure all the water gets out when winterizing. It continuously drips (very intermittent, but always water in the bucket). If I leave the spigot closed...
  14. nprak

Replacing sweat valve with compression type

Hi, I recently moved into new house and all the toilet shut off valves are sweat valves. Two or them has a minor leak. can I change those valves to compression type. Would appreciate if someone can direct me to some DIY for this purpose. Thanks
  15. Trettini

Help! Non-standard toilet

Hello Plumbing Wizards, My toilet, that has to be replaced, is 14 rough in but also has only 4" from the shut off to the center. The shut off valve is too close to the base. I purchased a Toto Vespin II that didn't fit at the base and now am stuck with it plus need to get a new one. Toto...
  16. Wade D

Replacing leaky shut offs that need to be used daily

I have the need to be able to turn my sink shut offs on and off nightly as my mother with dementia is now living with us and most mornings lately, I find she has left a sink running hot water down the drain for who knows how long. Nothing has overflowed, so no damage other than to my water and...
  17. Shah

Turned one shut off valve now there is NO water in bathroom sink. HELP

Hello everyone, On the first morning of my holidays I turned the shut off valve to the hot water on my bathroom sink to see if I can increase the pressure. The more I turned, the less hot water came out. So I turned to the other direction and the hot water just stopped running all together...
  18. Tennant

Refrigerator shutoff valve failure

I recently closed the shut off valve behind my refrigerator (compression valve) and, though it seemed to be okay at the time, the next day I found that the valve started leaking. I don't think this valve has been used in a very long time, it has probably been open for 10 to 20 years. Do these...
  19. CluelessinCleveland

Locating Shutoff Valve for outdoor spigot

The previous homeowner shut off the water to the outdoor spigot so it would not freeze and no one could steal water while the house was on the market, great. Except he didn't turn it back on or show us where it was and we simply can't find it after a year of actively searching and it's summer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks