radiant heat

1. JPendergrast

Radiant heat isn't able to keep master bedroom over garage warm.

I live in Upstate NY to give you an idea of the winter temps I am dealing with. My system is about 16 years old and recently I have noticed the master bedroom temperature hovering around 60 degrees when the thermostat is set to 72 or above. The temperature at the manifold going to that zone...
  2. Cold Feet

Circulator-Mixing Valve Orientation

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue everyone. I recently installed a new WM Aqua-Balance 120C combi boiler in my 2-story 1911 craftsman. I have CI rads on the first and second floors that were running on one zone previously. As part of this project I zoned the floors separately...
  3. Paleomedia

Is it ok to blow air through pump?

Hi -- I need to pressure up my radiant heat loops to 100 psi for an inspection... is it ok to blow air through the pumps with a compressor? I have two Grundfos ups15-35sfc pumps with check valves in and don't want to damage them. Will the check valves and one way valves all hold 100 psi air...
  4. carriagehousereno

Designing a new hydronic system for my home, cast iron radiators and radiant floor?

So i'm about to disconnect my old Weil-McLain boiler and hook up a new Navien NCB 240 combo boiler which we've been using for DHW since January. I know, I've already been told elsewhere on here that the NCB 240 is overkill for the size of the house and may likely not work efficiently because...
  5. George C

Joist trak radiant tube length in last bay

I'm installing my first radiant floor system using 1/2inch tubing and joist trak plates. I purchased a 1000 foot roll of tubing and cut it into 5 200' pieces. While running my loops, I'm finding there is either extra or not enough tubing to complete the final bay. I'm able to complete 5 bags but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks