island

1. O

Island Tub against wall

Im installing an island tub in a corner. The faucet and controls are inside the wall and the valve sticks out +/- 2". I have an OS&B drain kit to install. If I want the tub roughly 1/4" from the walls will I be able to angle the tub into the drain kit to clear the valve since I cant set it...
  2. Jesse Okiror

Is this bad?! Yes, it needs fixing.

Plumber installed an island loop with this setup. He says it was done this way because connecting the vent back to the drain would cause more damage to the slab (this is a reno and we had to cut about a foot deep into the slab to make this happen). What problems am I looking at down the road?
  3. Jesse Okiror

Island loop vent not draining

I had an island loop installed with my kitchen reno. I opened the vent side cleanout and water poured out. Then there was standing water up to level of the cleanout. So the vent side of the loop isn’t draining. The drain side is draining though. This shouldn’t be possible if the loop was done...
  4. Adam McBride

Is this venting correct for a sink below a window?

I am remodeling my home and the plumber said this how they vent an island sink, and it would work and be in code. There is a window above the sink, and they said this was the reason they chose this method. They said it was some kind of closed loop vent...ok. 1) Is it right? 2) If not, what does...
  5. Scott Moorman

Adding island sink drain line

OK - moving my sink to an island. The closest drain pipe is the downstairs bathroom closet flange (to the right) and main stack (to the left). The new sink is pretty much 12FT to the right of the closet flange. I might be redoing the bathroom floor (based on the staining around the flange)...
  6. DYIWannabe

Kitchen Island Sink Vent

Instead of the typical loop vent for an island which would require concrete work, I'm opting for a column on the island to run the vent up to the attic to tie-in to a near by vent. Considered the AAV, but decided to avoid that path if possible. Would either of these vent configurations work and...
  7. whiteg87

3rd World Country Water Supply Plumbing Question

Hey all, This is my first post! I am working with an organization that helps rural communities in other countries with infrastructure problems. We have the following situation: There is currently a 3" steel water supply line underground that we want to Tee off of with a 3" PVC pipe. We have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks