gfci

1. CommanderDave

Wiring Timer to GFCI Outlet

I have a 20A GFCI outlet that I want to wire a timer to that will control a ceiling exhaust fan. However the timer I have requires connection to a 3 wire (B,W,R-G) box, but the GFCI outlet is only powered by 2 wire (B,W-G); it also services three other outlets. So my question is can I wire the...
  2. Chris J

Pool light tripping GFCI breaker

Does a GFCI circuit breaker trip from "only" a burned-out pool bulb? Or is the breaker-tripping a definite sign of a more serious ground-fault issue? Our in-ground pool main light worked for years. It burned out once and I replaced it successfully, worked for about 1 more year. We let it sit...
  3. Sunadmn

AFCI/GFCI tripped with LED light

Howdy all! I have a very odd electrical issue that has me stumped. I recently had my sub panel updated and when we did that we brought everything up to code by adding combo AFCI/GFCI breakers. I have a branch circuit that runs the outlets in my three bathrooms, tow exterior outlets, and a...
  4. mangoManFT

Sewage ejector pump intermittently trips GFCI breaker

I have a Liberty sewage ejector pump outside my house. It is plugged into an outside GFCI outlet. Intermittently, the GFCI breaker trips and the pump doesn't run. If I reset the breaker, the pump runs again. There doesn't seem to be any particular event that triggers the breaker trips, as...
  5. Twin688

GFCI outlet issue

Attempting to install a GFCI outlet in bathroom. Tried to two different Outlets, both not working. Verified Power is coming to outlet. The light on the outlet is not lit at all. I've watched many tutorial and troubleshooting videos nothing is working. Will attempt to attach a photo of the outlet...
  6. Nina

Sump Pump/Pit cover questions....

When we bought our new construction home it had passive radon mitigation. We wrote into the agreement that we would pay for radon testing, and if it still came out high, they had to pay for a certified radon installer to put in active mitigation. It WAS still very high, but was retested as...
  7. Sparco41

Dishwasher electrical hookup

It’s time to replace a dishwasher that is hardwired with a switch above the kitchen counter. I understand the new one should be plugged into a GFCI outlet that is accessible without pulling out the dishwasher. Should I surface mount a non-conducting outlet box on the other side of the cabinet...
  8. LarryLeveen

Troubleshooting Dead Outlets in Detached Workshop

I moved into a house with a great detached workshop, except that several AC receptacles don't work: - one outside GFCI receptacle does not work, and neither the test nor reset buttons appear to function even when pressed firmly - four (of the eight) inside receptacles along two adjacent walls...
  9. Dvid

GFCI replaced, now regular outlet is dead

Replaced a GFCI outlet to the right of my sink. Was careful to mark all wires and photo with my iPhone. Hooked it all back up and it worked and tested fine. The outlet to the right of the GFCI (seen below) will not power up now. Looking at the hookup I'm having a hard time seeing if this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks