humidifier

1. C

Rodent proof humidifier drain tube

I have a Aprilaire 700 humidifier connected to my gas furnace. The ½" vinyl drain tube is routed through the basement ceiling 30'+ to the laundry tub. There's a pump that assists in getting the excess water out. Recently, mice have eaten through several sections of the tubing. I've been...
  2. William Cooley

Selectable Hot/Cold Solenoids for Bypass Humidifier

Thoughts on adding a second solenoid, plumbed to hot water, so that a bypass humidifier can run without the furnace (heat)? Each solenoid valve would be plumbed to hot or cold water. The output would union before entering the bypass humidifier. Ecobee thermostat set to "steam humidifier"...
  3. Melissa2007B

Figuring out a "point of use" water heater for my Aprilaire 360 humidifier

We're in Denver and have had the Aprilaire 360 in the wall of the laundry room, humidifying the whole house, since 2005. It's even running now, as we have asthma and use it all year, due to the dryness here. It's a great unit, but it causes "stacking" in the gas water heater and we've already...
  4. davearonson

Humidifier only working part-time :-(

I have a bypass humidifier that is not doing its job. Even when the control is set on 50%, the indoor humidity can be quite low. During the cold snap we had in December and January (I'm in Virginia), it was about 25%, verified by my dehumidifier (and a cheap little humidity indicator). The...
  5. GeorgeF

How should this humidifier overflow be plumbed? (pics)

1 year ago as we were buying this house, we found the pvc tube for the humidifier overflow was full and leaking into buckets (see old.jpg). The seller agreed to fix and his HVAC company installed a "V" looking trap (see new-trap.jpg). Fast forward a year to today when I again found the pvc...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks