tpr

1. TheOverThinker

TPR Discharge Going Up and Amendments to the Georgia IPC Code

I'm looking for any other similar jurisdictions that allow water heater TPR vents to follow a path other than gravity. Have there been any problems reported with Georgia's TPR regulations? Has anyone else followed Georgia? Georgia State Amendments to the International Plumbing Code *Delete...
  2. TheOverThinker

Exploding Water Heaters -- Traps Going Up - IPC IAMPO

In our area inspectors are now tagging TPR valves that don't have a constant gravity drain slope, even in otherwise simple water heater replacements in basements. This is supported by IAMPO 608.5: 608.5 Discharge Piping. The discharge piping serving a temperature relief valve, pressure relief...
  3. Neil.Steiner

What is failing? TRP valve or expansion tank or both?

[Disclaimer: I posted a very similar question at Stack Exchange Home Improvement, but then wondered why I didn't go straight to the experts on this site.] Do water heater TPR valves fail gradually or catastrophically? A day or two ago, I noticed about a capful of water in the pail below my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks