sink

1. P

sink bubbles back into air gap

In my kitchen remodel, had pro plumber install new sink. It is deeper than previous sink - Ruvati RVH 8310. Dishwasher drain connected to sink drain pipe via air gap. When draining bubbly water from sink, I am having bubbles perculate back up into air gap. Water seems to be drain fine, but...
  2. J

No clue what kind of nut this is or how to remove it. Trying to replace kitchen faucet. Would appreciate the help

Hi, I’m trying to replace an old kitchen faucet as I already received a new one, but I have no clue how to remove the nut and pieces holding it in place. I don’t know the brand or how to even look on getting it off.
  3. B

Advice for 3 sinks on one drain

Hello all. I have been searching this forum and the internet and can't find a solid answer and hope you can help. I want to put a 1.5" horizontal drain for a double vanity sink from one bathroom, then connect the sink in the bathroom on the other side of the wall to this same horizontal line...
  4. Fragille Bill

Another Question about Bathroom Sink with Overflow

I assume the black gunk below the overflow holes and above the rubber gasket is the result of drain water getting out through the overflow holes. What problems will it cause if I replace this drain with one that has no holes for overflow, other than the obvious problem of the bathroom flooding...
  5. J

Overflow Drain Issue

Hello, we recently spent a year remodeling a home built in 99. We didn’t really use any of the plumbing fixtures prior to moving in but after moving in and starting to use some of the plumbing fixtures, we noticed there soap suds coming out of both a downstairs half bath sink and the upstairs...
  6. S

Utility Sink Rough in Drain and water lines.

Hey There, Working on remodeling my laundry room and would like to install a utility sink. Opened up my wall and observed the following: A 2” Washer drain pipe starting from the far left stud then attaching to a Sanitary-T to a 2” vent pipe that turns into what I think is called a Wet-Vent...
  7. Dvid

Trouble with P-Trap Backdraft

Master bathroom, two sinks. One has a backdraft of sewage smell daily, the other is fine. It's definitely not mold, but sewage. -The one that smells is used regularly, several times a day. It's not dried out. -The sink drains perfectly fine, not slow. -Smell comes when the water is hot or...
  8. Brendan Poirier

Main stack vent necessary ? Garage plumbing

Hello Just built my garage this year and am currently installing my utility sink. My original plan was to put a toilet in the garage but that was ditched. For now I will only have a sink so I am wondering if running the main stack up through the roof is necessary since the sink has its own AAV...
  9. Margarett

Frequent and extended gurgling in our powder room sink

We must have a partial clog in our plumbing, but we cannot determine where. We’ve been living in our house for 24 years; the house itself is about 100 years old. Even before we started experiencing our current problem w/ our first-floor sinks a little over a year ago, our powder-room sink would...
  10. Milkshake

Dishwasher sprays out of sink when draining

My new Bosch dishwasher drains with enough vigor that the water streams up or if the sink drain. The strainer basket keeps it contained but I'm nervous that if someone takes that out and forgets to put it back we'll have a mess. Is this happening because the tailpiece connection is at a right...
  11. Modernwood

Can you identify Loud Dishwasher drain noise from airgap?

When my dishwasher drains, there is a loud dishwasher drain noise. It's a gurgling sound emanating mostly from the airgap. The dishwasher drains to the airgap, which drains to a junction at the top of the disposal. Here's a YouTube link to the offending sound. At the end, I cover it to show...
  12. NickLo

Sink drain into floor drain.

Hello everyone. I did not see a post about this and wanted to check how the best way (following code) to do this.. I wanted to install a sink for a wet bar in my basement. I have a floor drain that connects to a sump that is connected to my main septic tank. The floor drain also catches any...
  13. DanaG

Align Sink Drain with P-trap?

I'm trying to replace a bathroom sink, but the new sink's drain no longer aligns with the p trap. (See attached picture) The pipes are off by about 1.5". Just wondering if there are any easy fixes here to re align? Very much a novice DIYer so any input is appreciated!
  14. Theant

Super low sink pressure when washer or toilets run

Background: house built in 1986, well water, pressure tank. I do all the plumbing, but we only bought the house a couple years ago, so problems may or may not be my fault :) Water pressure in our sinks is normally really good. It's great in the showers. But when the washing machine is...
  15. DIYdaisy90

Kitchen Sink Plumbing

Prior to moving into our house last year my husband re-ran all of the water and drain lines and hooked up our dishwasher / garbage disposal / sink drains. Since we moved in every few months we have had horrible smells coming from first the dishwasher and now the sink. Eventually, I starting...
  16. s00316

Water Softener Backwash connect to sink drain

Please see the photos. So my basement does not have any access to drain pipe. I had to bring the discharge to 1st floor bathroom as you see on the photo. I know the current connection is very wrong. So I was doing more research and tried to figure out what would be the right solution. I came...
  17. Adam McBride

Is this venting correct for a sink below a window?

I am remodeling my home and the plumber said this how they vent an island sink, and it would work and be in code. There is a window above the sink, and they said this was the reason they chose this method. They said it was some kind of closed loop vent...ok. 1) Is it right? 2) If not, what does...
  18. Michael Crivello

Plumbing Issue Under Old Mobile Home

I live in a mobile home that is at least 10 years old ...if not older...with plumbing issues. I've had issues pretty much from the time I moved in around 8 years ago. The toilet never had enough water pressure to flush or wasn't really going down. Both the kitchen an bathroom sinks have...
  19. tshannon

Clarification on Water Heater T&P Relief Discharge Code in Calif.

Hi everyone, Thanks for all the knowledge on this forum! I love browsing and learning here. I am getting ready to replace my old gas water heater with a new heat pump water heater. The water heater is in the garage with no floor drain and with no access to an exterior wall. Therefore, I'm...
  20. Phil Parsons

Replacing a bidet with a "pedestal" sink

I'm looking at replacing a bidet with a "pedestal" sink, quoted because the base is large enough to surround all plumbing and is a stand-alone unit. The bidet was never actually installed, but all plumbing is through the floor. A correct bidet plumbing would have the p-trap below the floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks