sediment

1. J

Yellow water again a week after new water softener installed

We just had a new aqua sure water softener installed about a week ago. We went about 5 weeks without a softener in between the old one giving out and installation of new one. In that 5 weeks the water stained everything. The cold water would come out clear, but then turn yellow after sitting...
  2. Rick Ross

Filtering a heavily clay-laden Tennessee well

I recently bought a 3-bedroom, 2 1/2-bath house from my neighbors at the top of a big hill in the country just north of Nashville, TN. I am the 3rd owner of the house, which was built in 2007. An 80-foot well was completed in October, 2007. The well has 6-inch galvanized casing all the way down...
  3. Soulbarn

At the height of the big freeze, one of our faucets stopped working. Sediment built up. Coincidence?

During the big freeze, despite our precautions, one bathroom faucet stopped working. It is in the middle of the house, but the line does come directly up from our unheated basement (so do all the lines, but this was the only one that had a problem.) I spent a day applying heat, not directly to...
  4. Goodguy5000HD

Well water suddenly dirty, well pump power fluctuates... is it a disaster? (SOLVED)

(1 day after installing new white sediment filter) After being out-of-town for a month, the well pump protection circuit kept tripping due to high load. After testing, the well pump resistance is normal, but the running pump's amperage varies 7--20A (after bypassing protection circuit). Also...
  5. Mawst95

Whole House Sediment Filter Recommendation (City Water)

Hi all, I've searched the forums some, which has been helpful, but need some additional advice before pulling the trigger. We moved into a home in Baltimore, MD in July. Home had a rusco 1.5" spin down filter installed (not sure the micron level). It was completely chocked full of orange/brown...
  6. Ambam

New well, sediment everywhere! HELP!

We recently purchased a new home, with it came a brand new well. It was drilled July 9, we just moved in September 1, so it had only been actively being used since then. First time home owners here, and we don’t know anything about this. We’ve got black/dark grey sediment coming up in all our...
  7. B. Clark

Stumped by double vanity

Background Info: Upstairs double vanity. Both sinks won't drain. Sink 1 on L side; Sink 2 on R side. Sink 2 overflow connects to Sink 1's tailpiece. Single-piece vanity top. Troubleshooting Measures Taken: Pulled P-traps and tailpieces. Sink 1's tailpiece was full of sediment in overflow...
  8. KyleGKlein

Sediment Filter

I'd like to improve my water quality. I'm on a well and have attached my latest water results. Currently there are no filters of any kind on my setup but there should be.... I know I need sediment filters... what sizes? Any how many filters? Also, is there anything that stands out in my...
  9. Warren P

Unsatisfactory sediment removal

I use city water, which is sourced from surface water and heavy rains can load it with a lot of sediment. Right now it has so much sediment that washing clothes gets them dirtier, as I inadvertently discovered to my wife's annoyance (thanks for nothing, Hurricane Eta). So I installed an inline...
  10. Rprilutsky

Calcite and Sediment filter in one?

Hi, I am very new to the subject and I need some help here. I have well water and the only problem I have is somewhat low PH ( about 6.2) and red/brown sediment which clogs my standard whole house filter (5micron) withing 2-3 weeks. The sediment looks like ferric iron but the water test shows...
  11. Bryan

Water Heater Valve and Other Questions

To preface this, I just purchased my first home. This is my first post and I really hope you guys can help with my problem. I'm pretty new to general home repairs, but tend to be pretty good with general DIY so long as I do some research first. My new home has a gas water heater. There seems to...
  12. Timothy Roy

White Pieces clogging faucet and shower aerators!!

Just purchased a manufactured home and shortly after moving in I noticed some white shelly/plastic like particles clogging my sink and shower aerators. I contacted the local plumber who suggested that I install a water softener and sediment filter due to the home operating on well water. I now...
  13. James Riel

Losing Well Pump Pressure - Sediment.

Hello, I just bought a house a couple weeks ago. We noticed a loss of pressure when running a shower and washer at the same time. We heard some pretty loud knocking coming down the copper pipe near the pressure tank. Our pressure dropped down to about 24psi and the gauge needle would flutter in...
  14. MiamiBorn

Shower riser clog caused by brown sediment in water?

We have a almost total blockage in our shower riser. I noticed that the toilets have a reddish brown sediment in the bottom. I wonder what that is and if it can accumulate over 30 years and cause this blockage. We do have a water softener.
  15. Jasonir129

Well filtration fun in MD -- acidic hard water

Hi guys, new to the forum. Lots of helpful stuff here, looking to get some feedback on well filtration setup. I know you guys say there's no "one size fits all", so I'll give details from our water testing. The current setup is just a cartridge sediment filter and a calcite based neutralizer...
  16. Bill R.

Well pump cycling and significant increase in water sediment

Hello, I'm hoping to get some guidance. I have a well equipped with a 30/50 pressure switch and an Amtrol WX-203 pressure tank. Over the last month or so I noticed that the water pressure throughout the house pulsates when taking a shower or flushing a toilet. I recently had a water company...
  17. Koby2270

Brown well water and well depth question

I'm looking for some advice to improve my well water. Last week our water stopped flowing. After some troubleshooting I figured out that our submersible pump was not working. I bought a new pump from Lowe's. It's a Zoeller 1/2 hp. Probably not the wisest decision but it fit the budget and was...
  18. John Nunley

Delta shower valve plugged with sediment

I have a shower with a Delta 600 series valve, the one with the round stem that moves within the triangular shaped plastic shell. It worked well 4 months ago when the city had a water main break. When the water was turned back on, I ran all my faucets and showers in the house as well as...
  19. NovicePete

Sediment in faucet screens and shower head

We have had an a build up of sediment in our faucets and shower head for the better part of a year. We can also see the sediment whenever the bath faucet is run for more than a few minutes. I have flushed the hot water heater and had the City come out to flush the water line. This seemed to help...
  20. Mattwell

Stirred up Sediment then Pumped Dug Well to Bottom

I have a dug well, 17 feet deep with water up to 12 feet. I sanitized the water system with bleach and during the mixing process I stired up a lot of sediment from the bottom of the well. I let the well sit for the 24 hours and then I began the pump out of the well. I used a sump pump to pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks