smell

1. farmerisland

Sewer smell from condensate line

Hey everyone, thank you in advance for any help or steering guidance you might provide on my issue. I've been noticing on and off again sewer smell from our HVAC ducts and traced it to the closet where the setup is housed in a finished basement. I've attached a couple photos here that show the...
  2. DIYdaisy90

Kitchen Sink Plumbing

Prior to moving into our house last year my husband re-ran all of the water and drain lines and hooked up our dishwasher / garbage disposal / sink drains. Since we moved in every few months we have had horrible smells coming from first the dishwasher and now the sink. Eventually, I starting...
  3. Scott Bacon

Sewer smell

I've been in this newly constructed house for just short of a year. For a few months now I had noticed a sewer smell coming from the sink. Normally after is not used for awhile, like first thing in the morning, or when I get home at night. Before I use it in the morning I am now filling it...
  4. GardenRox

Where to Drill for Investigating Mold Smell? Sending up a Camera...

After putting holes in the bathroom wall and seeking to find a bad shower connection, I've concluded that it's not the bathroom. The smell pooling in the hallway is coming from inside or just outside the furnace closet. One day after years of logging in my calendar "Wet Mop Smell; no...
  5. BamBoozzled

When I turn on my Air Conditioner my laundry room drain smells.

Hi everyone! First post here looking for some help! A couple years ago we had a sewer backup that left us with 3 feet of water in our basement. After that we had to replace our air conditioner and we started to smell sewer (the same smell from the flood) around our house. We thought it was the...
  6. zerd344

Electric outlets sewage smell

Hey everyone, I have the following mystical problem with my 2 room apartment in the city which is only a year old and it is extremely frustrating. As the title suggests, there is a sewage/garbage like smell coming out from the electric outlets on a wall. The wall is the backside of the bathroom...
  7. Zachry

Smelly sump pit, green die not present

Hey everybody, I have reached the end of my rope here. I have contacted a plumber and he put green die down my toilets to see if there was a leak somewhere into my drain tile, nothing. We have our slop sink (primary sink right now) and our washing machine that dumps into the sump pit. I know...
  8. mf915

Water smells after new install of 5600 sxt

I just did the new install today. Went through 1 recycle of regeneration. I notice the water "smells". (and definitely no smell when i bypass the water softener). I read that a few more regenerations might help. Is it common ?? If it doesn't help, should i go with the method of adding...
  9. Dirk Strider

Did I get a returned, used toilet? Smells like urine right out of the box.

I just unboxed my new Kohler Highline toilet from HD and am noticing a faint urine smell on the base. Inside the bowl, at the very bottom where it enters the trapway, there are little particles, like loose specks of cardboard. The same area also has a light blue stain, like some toilet cleaner...
  10. Sherlock555

A failed inspection? And bad smell!

Hi, I had a new build of our addition consisting of 4pc bathroom and laundry room that was damaged from a weather event. We used our insurance provider's preferred vendor.( nightmare btw) we just got back into our home a week ago. Whenever we do laundry and/or shower, we gave a bad odor in those...
  11. Eskaymarsha

Disgusting smell under kitchen sink

Hey! I did a renovation 2 years ago so my kitchen is new. I also have a whole house water filtration system with softener installed in the basement at the water main and a reverse osmosis system installed feeding my ice maker and a "drinking water" double faucet at one of my kitchen sinks. A...
  12. Mike Boston

Issue with sewer smell and p-trap

Hi All, I need your advice. We live in a high rise 13 floors building (1969) and our top floor apartment has 2 floors ( 12 and 13). Our top floor bathroom sinks constantly losing a water seal and passing sewer gases inside our apartment. It's very random and a lot of times its associated with...
  13. Martin Semelak

How to tell a shower has properly instaled drain & trap? (picture included)

Hello, I'm no pro so sorry if there are any mistakes in terminology. I'm about to rent an old house in Norway. The shower there looks as terrible as the smell which comes from the drain. The sink and toilet are ok. Could you please advise if the drain in the picture looks altight and if the...
  14. Mjchevalier

Sewer gas smell in bathroom is a mystery?

I own a 2 story townhome on a slab with no basement. Our downstairs bathroom has had a sewer smell develop in it and I also noticed the toilet was rocking side to side. I pulled it off to find a broken pvc closet flange. Replaced the flange and set it back on with a new thick wax ring with no...
  15. dglsconklin

Smell at base of toilet ONLY during mild temps (around 60 degrees)

Bought a 1950s Cape last August and immediately remodeled the main floor bathroom. Put a new toilet in (a cheap dual-flush model from Sam's Club--which might be the problem but I'll continue) and had some water around the base after a few days. Since the pipe is cast iron leading to PVC in the...
  16. Rumblefish

Washing machine stinks of rotten eggs when running

I know this has been brought up numerous times before, but I thought I'd ask anyway since there are a few things that might be unique to my situation. BTW, in Los Angeles, Calif. Our 30 plus yr old washer finally died. It was a good old Maytag. I knew of a local business with a good reputation...
  17. BKH2323

Pew! My water smells strongly of rotten eggs.

Help! I moved into a new home in February and the water smells strongly of rotten eggs. None of my neighbors are having the same issue. I would like to get professional advice without someone trying to sell me something. Where should I go?! What should I do?! Details: - Strong rotten egg smell...
  18. Dowonee

Pungent smell from the electrical outlet/kitchen

Hello, I've been having this odor issue that has been driving me crazy which seem to be getting worse by the day and hoping to see if anyone might have some ideas on why.. I live in CA in a 5 stories apartment complex. For months, there have been this faint foul odor always trapped in the...
  19. Alexandra D Pufan

Musty smell under bathroom sink

I've put a fan under there for a day so nothing seems wet (the board & wood are dry to the touch). Does anyone know what could be causing this smell?
  20. Mo3ky

What to do if Culligan can't fix it?

Hi, I'm paying through the nose to rent a system from Culligan that isn't doing the job. I've called them out twice in the past 1.5 years and both times they've told me the water is fine. Trouble is, I'm still using a filter on the tap in the kitchen because the water smells metallic and leaves...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks