diverter

1. A

Parallel drain system for greywater - pipe sizing

Hi all. DIY installer of a greywater DWV system in Bainbridge Island (UPC). Iso drawing attached. Im trying to size the greywater to a 2” drain pipe since the recommended 3-way pool valves are 2” (And it seems 3” 3-way valves would be prohibitively expensive). Diverter valves to an approved...
  2. mkeenan

Replacement 3 hole bath valves for 1950s home

Hello, I'm looking for some advice on replacing my bath valves and I'm not real sure where to start. I've actually already replaced these once 16 years ago, but the local parts store that I bought the parts from no longer sells them and I didn't keep the information. I'd like to replace the...
  3. T

Need help identifying shower diverter valve

Helping a friend with a failed diverted valve in a home built in 1937. Tried to find some matches at Home Depot but had no luck. Would love some help! Thanks! Counting 18 teeth on the stem.
  4. X

Harden Shower Diverter Stem

Our Harden diverter does not divert. The handle just unloosens the splined stem when turned counter-clockwise and the handle and splined inner shaft screws all the way out of the valve. I found a previous post here from 2012 about how to remove the entire cartridge. In that post, there is a...
  5. JackPasco33

Faucet diverter came off - no obvious way to re-install

Hey folks, a bit of an emergency situation here, and all the plumbers in town are busy. The faucet came off the tub when one of our AirBnB guests turned on the shower. It doesn't look like anything I'm finding on the internet, and I'm not sure what to do here. There's not a screw that holds the...
  6. Abbott

DXV Thermostatic Valve, Who's the manufacturer

I have to replace the diverter and I don't see any mfgr information Thanks for any help. Abbott
  7. Terry

K-29724, K-6881 Tub spout not diverting well

Here is a gold tub faucet from 1981 that is not diverting well. I wonder if the diverter on this can be repaired. These are photos sent to me.
  8. Mike Kovach

Sweat soldering to control valve

In my first post I forgot to ask the question. Can I sweat a copper fitting to the output of the valve pictured? I don’t know if there is any plastic in the diverter and I wouldn’t know how to remove it if there were. I was told to use 1/2” copper for shower head for more volume. Is that true...
  9. aprilmedusa

Kohler Shower Diverter Replaced and Water is Still Draining from Shower and Spout.

I have a Kohler 3 way in wall shower diverter that pulls out for shower, push in for spout. When you would pull out for the shower it was draining water from the faucet and the shower attachment. I replaced the shower diverter (the hot and cold stems had recently been changed also). This did...
  10. mark barbieri

TOTO Diverter Install

I'm trying to install a Toto Diverter Toto THU4131 As when I turn to the tub i still get water come from the shower head and vice versa. Could it be anything else other than the diverter? Any way, I purchased a new toto diverter and it comes in 4 parts. The brass cylinder, a rubber plug, a...
  11. JoeThomas

Cracks, holes shower near tub spout

I have an old 1980s shower, it has a flexible shower wall. Recently when I pull the tub spout Shower diverter up or push against the wall, I see cracks and holes appear. I tried replacing the bathtub spout multiple times, and retried Caulking Numerous occasions. It keeps showing holes/cracks...
  12. JoeThomas

Shower Tub Spout Diverter Keeps breaking

I have a Shower Diverter that keeps breaking. Last one, I had for 10 years, and it got stuck, or sprays water between the Shower head and faucet. So plumbers replaced it, 2 more in fact, and the same issue. I promise I am not pulling the shower head hard, never broke this many shower diverters...
  13. JoeThomas

Can Removing Shower Head Restrictor affect Diverter?

I live in California, I removed the water restrictor in my shower head, because the standards are too low here. Does removing the restrictor affect the shower diverter or anything else? My Shower Diverter keeps getting stuck even after couple spout replacement, where water goes to Both the Tub...
  14. Dave317

Delta R10000-UNBXHF valve with R11000 diverter - installation questions

Good morning, I am installing a Delta R10000-UNBXHF valve and a R11000 diverter that will ultimately control a regular shower head, an overhead rain can, and a handheld. The supply is 1/2" PEX from a ManaBloc manifold. The question I have is about stringer depth: I am aware that the...
  15. Lindz300

Water to my Delta handheld isn't working

Hey guys. Looking for some help. Just installed a new showerhead and handheld. It's got a 3 way diverter. All is plumbed correctly. Turned on the water for the shower head, it works great. Went to switch to both, only the shower head works, switched to just handheld, no water flow. Also, no...
  16. johnsonnoise

Copper Pipe Crimp A Problem?

I had a plumber put in a new valve body since I'm in the midst of a complete tear down of the tub surround. I noticed that the copper line (diverter pipe) that feeds the shower head has some crimps in it. It looks to me like he grabbed it pretty hard with a wrench while sweating everything...
  17. Ausmavsfan

Can't get new faucet/diverter on.. What kind of pipe is this?

My old bathtub faucet/ diverter is no longer working. I go and buy an identical one from Lowe's. I open the instructions and find 4 types of pipes shown in the directions. My type of pipe is not on there... of course. Mine protrudes a little over 3 inches and has threads close to the wall? SEE...
  18. David Gilley

Shower/tub water leak

Bought this 1952 home a few months ago. As for any old house, always things to fix. The new issue that has me baffled is the lead in the shower/tub area. It is a tub with a shower assembly. I noticed in the basement that when the shower was running there was a up of water coming from the area...
  19. Rese

Bathtub faucet spout shoots off like a rocket

Hello, When the water is on the faucet functions fine, but once the diverter is pulled up to activate the shower the spout shoots out. I've tried to manually hold it in place and it still fights to come off or the water comes out of the back end. I've tried some Teflon tape on the tip of the...
  20. Jamie96

Switch from knob diverter to faucet

Is there a way to change my shower diverter from a knob to the faucet valve kind. Basically making the middle knob of a three knob system useless. I used to have a shower like this but I don't know how to do it myself. Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks