toilet drain

1. shim

Accidentally cut off corner of 3 inch ABS fitting! Is it still good to use??

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I hope I can get some valuable feedback and advice from all of you. I am currently remodeling my washroom. I noticed that my toilet flange was broken and was causing my toilet to rock back and forth. I decided that I would replace the toilet flange...
  2. L

Drain Toilet to Basement Cleanout

Hi! I am working with a DIY remodeler and we have a question about adding a toilet to the first floor using an existing cleanout as the drain. There are two other cleanouts in the basement and also one in the yard. The existing cleanout is about 6" from the basement floor and threaded for...
  3. MyoldBungalow

Fix/Replace previously patched cast iron toilet drain joint?

I just completed replacement of the bathroom subfloor, and was careful to damage the toilet flange, and kept an eye on a previous owner's patch job that is at least 25 years old. As I was putting the floor in place, I noticed a piece of that patch had flaked off. would a proper repair at this...
  4. AndrewME

Replacement of Cast Iron in Tight Space

What is the best way to deal with the situation in the photo attached? I'm replacing the 4" cast iron with 4" PVC. The problem is these pipes are near the bottom of the basement stairs so we need headroom as well as space around the stairs when we need to bring items in/out of the basement like...
  5. Mel Kale

A cutting knife was flushed down the toilet.. and disappeared!

Hi! Renovations have been going on in my bathroom and a cutting knife has been flushed down the toilet by accident. I tried to use the Cobra Power Plunge-it to make it reappear but nothing happened. Thank you in advance for your help!
  6. Black Mtn Construction

Schedule 30 to 40 coupling

I'm replacing a rotten subfloor and toilet flange for a customer. Was going smoothly until I noticed that their piping is 3" Schedule 30 and all my new pieces are Schedule 40. Can somebody please recommend a coupling that will work to join these? Do they even make them? I had found a bushing to...
  7. Alogan22_99

Toilet drain pipe is odd ball sized

The drain flange that the toilet ties down to was broken. I couldn’t find a replacement that would fit onto the existing fitting so I dug down and cut the old one off. The problem is that the drain pipe itself is an odd ball size. The ID is 3” and the OD is 3 7/8”. No flange assembly that Home...
  8. Spider

Toilet drain

I have a toilet drain that has 3 x 3" 90 degree bends back to back. The other toilets in the house have the same number of bends, but more spread out. Can anyone tell me if this a code violation in Ohio? Thanks in advance.
  9. Greg9840

Toilet clogged - snake won't go down all the way

Hi everyone, I have a clogged toilet and I am really looking to avoid having anyone come into my house due to the fact I live in a pandemic hotspot. But I'm not very handy. My toilet was completely clogged and plunging only helped a little, allowing it to slowly drain. Any time paper is used...
  10. Eric Kaminski

Will this bathroom layout work? (diagram and pictures included)

As a preface: I just bought my first house, and I'm learning a lot of this stuff as I go, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I'm currently installing interior drain tile in my basement. I figured while I have a bunch of concrete busted up, I might as well rough plumb a bathroom I plan...
  11. Spider

New toilet drain tie in location

I'm adding a toilet to what is currently a laundry room and I'm trying to figure out where to tie in the drain line. Can I add a long turn wye into a current toilet drain (red dot in pictures), or do I need to replace where the sink wye's in with a double wye (blue dot in pictures) to prevent...
  12. Esachs4

Toilet Drain code - 15" from baseboard heater?

I am remodeling my small bathroom. I know code is for the center of the toliet drain to be 15" from a wall or vanity. There is going to be a baseboard heater on the side of my toliet. Do I have to be 15" from that, or can i go 15" from the wall?
  13. JoeW2019

What could this 4 inch pipe be for?

I have a four inch metal pipe coming out of the cement in my basement. My first guess was that someone roughed in a drain for a toilet. It is a rather old house with cast iron drain system under the cement and copper above ground. Who ever owned the home previously appears to have put some...
  14. sberg74

Toilet Drain Pipe Around Joists

I am looking to move a toilet on a bungalow main floor. Currently the drain sits 1' from the stack and drops straight into a double 45 wye that's about 5 1/2 feet off the basement floor. New toilet location is about 4 1/2 feet away, as the crow flies, but does not have a clear path through the...
  15. Paul Arnold

Basement Rough-in Question

So I pulled the upright out of the toilet waste drain in the basement, and found sediment, standing water, some sort of tiny larvae and some small winged bugs ... please tell me that this is a normal find. (Yes the upright wasn't glued in place, so now I'm concerned that the job was not...
  16. ltlistener

DWV Question - relocating toilet...

In trying to do the right thing by my better half, I promised to at least scope the ability to move the toilet (swap with vanity) in a small bath, which needs to be relocated more or less 3~3.5 ft. but over 2 joist bays. The only way I could see doing this (because we don't have enough meat on...
  17. sagrr

[pics] I replumbed my toilet drain and didn't do a perfect job making it level. Should I redo it?

I'm not great with the PVC joins. imgur link I'm thinking that the wax ring or this thing that I might use, would eat up my error. Do you think I'm okay or I should redo the whole thing? Should I just heat gun it and bend it a bit?
  18. Seattle Homeowner

Toilet Issues with low flow Toto toilet

I have a low flow model Toto toilet that I'm having issues with and I'm hoping someone can help. Our house was vacant for 3 months, during which time we turned off our water. When we got back, the toilet upstairs started flushing a little slow, and wasn't quite filling up the bowl after...
  19. VladE

Help with fixture relocation - drains

Hi I have few questions regarding my set up. Wanted to check with those who have more experience before I go any further. Renovating a bathroom and moving some fixtures around. Any and all advise is much appreciated. Toilet - placing a toilet where shower used to be. Capped old 2" drain and...
  20. Soparklion

PVC to Cast Iron for toilet drain

I had a broken toilet flange. I cut off the old lead drain pipe, leaving a 1.5" stub before the cast iron fitting. How should I connect the new PVC pipe? I tried to link pics of the possible solutions. Use a shielded 4" Fernco coupling to a PVC 4" to 3" reducer, then 3" PVC pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks