silica

1. Megan Ream

Silica/sand sediment in hot water lines to house, worse after freeze

Hello. I am a resident of Austin, Texas and i am looking for expert advice about resolving an ongoing issue. We are having daily build up of fine, tan sand in the filter coming out of our tankless heater, aerators (especially in the kitchen nearby and master bath including shower heads). The...
  2. KyleGKlein

Sediment Filter

I'd like to improve my water quality. I'm on a well and have attached my latest water results. Currently there are no filters of any kind on my setup but there should be.... I know I need sediment filters... what sizes? Any how many filters? Also, is there anything that stands out in my...
  3. Goldenrule

What amount of silica requires treatment in well water?

Hi there. We are building a house in the Pacific NW and will be on well water. Our well was drilled 2 years ago, and we recently had comprehensive water tests done. We can't seem to get any straight answers on when silica becomes problematic, i.e. etching glass, fixtures, etc. I know a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks