outlet

1. BadSurprise

Failing dual handle kitchen shut off valve

If a dual handle, dual outlet shut off valve that supplies hot water to the faucet and dishwasher was failing, would that impact the performance of the dishwasher? New dishwasher bought 9/2016, stopped effectively cleaning 1/2018 Single handle faucet replaced 11/2018 Appliance repair man...
  2. Linds

Outlet tabs ok to remove?

If an outlet's two black wires are on the same circuit, is there a negative to pulling the tab between them? On the contrary, if the two black wires are different circuits, then not pulling the tab would trip the breaker, right?
  3. DIYJoe59

Outlet for garbage disposal has power but switch won't turn it off

My installed disposal stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged it back into the outlet (top one) that is wired for it, and it worked but then the switch (which is above the counter) didn't turn it off. I'd reset the unit and the circuit breakers. Tried again to unplug and plug it in--same...
  4. Rsk shc

Autotrol valve and switching to fleck 5600sxt

I have an autotrol valve installed right now with inlet on the left side. I am not sure if that is correct but the valve broke anyway. This system was working good softening the water. My main shut off and water heater are on the left side, if I face the softener. I want to install this fleck...
  5. Twin688

GFCI outlet issue

Attempting to install a GFCI outlet in bathroom. Tried to two different Outlets, both not working. Verified Power is coming to outlet. The light on the outlet is not lit at all. I've watched many tutorial and troubleshooting videos nothing is working. Will attempt to attach a photo of the outlet...
  6. Colemc45

Dead outlet

The outlet under my kitchen sink has no power to it. I have checked the breaker box and the circuit breaker is supplying power so its not a bad circuit breaker. There are no other outlets dead in the house. There are also no other outlets wired in line with this outlet. Any other ideas what...
  7. LarryLeveen

Troubleshooting Dead Outlets in Detached Workshop

I moved into a house with a great detached workshop, except that several AC receptacles don't work: - one outside GFCI receptacle does not work, and neither the test nor reset buttons appear to function even when pressed firmly - four (of the eight) inside receptacles along two adjacent walls...
  8. Dowonee

Pungent smell from the electrical outlet/kitchen

Hello, I've been having this odor issue that has been driving me crazy which seem to be getting worse by the day and hoping to see if anyone might have some ideas on why.. I live in CA in a 5 stories apartment complex. For months, there have been this faint foul odor always trapped in the...
  9. keepingstephen

New Outlets= Erratic Dimming Power

So, I've just replaced an outlet in my kitchen. The old one was gnarley and loose bespite being a newer 3 wire 15A. The whole thing went smoothly. Tested the fridge, no problem, power. Then I move onto the stove outlet. Same deal, shitty and old and not in a good location. I install junction...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks