chlorine

1. J

Iron removal ideas…

Just trying to brainstorm some ideas on iron removal with neutral or slightly acidic ph. Most wells that have acidic/ neutral water usually have low hardness. So what’s a way to oxidize and filter out iron without changing the hardness? You can oxidize iron 2 ways either with oxidizing media or...
  2. ConstableDuffy

Best way to bleach/cleanse well?

I just bought a house that was built in 1977. The water test showed violation levels of coliform bacteria in the well water (although no E. coli). I was told that bleaching the well and plumbing would likely resolve this issue. I understand that there are at least two general ways to do this -...
  3. Daniel R Christiansen

Need help with Chlorine amounts for Well

Just moved into our new house not long ago and we have a well system. We have a chlorine tank that is 35 gallons and also a salt tank which is the softener. So my question is how much chlorine do I add to the 35 gallon tank? I know it wont be exact just looking for ball park until I can have...
  4. TinTweak

Looking for advice on choosing and installing a water softener

Hello, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice on choosing and installing a water softener; as well as a carbon filter for chlorine and a RO system sometime down the line. Let me apologize in advance for my lack of understanding in the subject and say that I greatly appreciate any...
  5. RogerPDX

Do charcoal filters remove chlorine or just the "smell" of the chlorine?

I would like to put a whole house charcoal filter on my house, to save the brass to PEX connectors from eventual ruin from chlorine that is in the water. Do you know if these filters actually remove the chlorine, or do they just remove the smell of the chlorine from the water?
  6. Ted T

Is .35 ppm chlorine level high enough to rate filtering pre-water softener?

Getting ready to put in a water softener and was advised to install a GAC filter to remove chlorine ahead of the softener. I have city water (no iron) and chlorine level range of .22-.35 ppm with a running annual average of .30 ppm. Is this high enough to rate installing a filter? (I live in...
  7. caluk

Shocking well newbie- HELP!

I need to chlorinate my well due to C. Bacteria found. The well is very rusted and I’m unsure of where exactly I am supposed to pour the bleach. I can see a hole (that I believe should be plugged) almost under the piping but see no other ways to get past the cap. I’m also unsure of how deep the...
  8. SuperGreg

Where to get NSF chlorine bleach?

Hey all, I have recently added a chlorinator to my well filtration system, and have been using 10% pool chlorine from Wallmart. I have seen reference to the availability of NSF rated chlorine ("standard 60"?) but I don't know where to find this. I tried a pool supply store and they hadn't...
  9. robwithtoast

Chlorine adding to well water.

So after some research I decided it was best to add chlorine to my water for algae issues. I think maybe I added a little too much compared to what I read. I can smell just a little chlorine in my water when taking a shower or whatever it be. Should I worry? The smell isn't overpowering. I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks