cement board

1. james.f

Shower pan membrane height

Hi folks, it's late now, but I'm just checking on the requirements for a shower pan membrane. As shown in the attached picture, there are screw holes along the bottom of the cement board that go through the shower pan membrane (it was very tall, about 12-14 inches). A few things: The lowest...
  2. DTAZ

Plumbing and flattening a wall for an alcove tub and shower

I am working on a bathroom remodel and need to plumb and flatten an interior brick wall in advance of tub installation and tile prep. The left and right alcove walls are stud construction and will receive cement backer board. The back wall is sound brick but the surface is uneven (concave from...
  3. DIY DAD 2591

Backer board, what do you recommend i do?

Hi all, working on a bathroom remodel and was wondering what the norm is when it comes to hanging up the cement board for shower walls. my question is if you have to overlap the shower pan flange or can i have my cement board flush with the flange. I'm hoping i can have it flush because furring...
  4. Ukrop

What thin-set to use for Hardiebacker board seams?

Hi everybody! I know, I should ask it at johnbridge.com forum but they don't register new members for some reason... Anyway. I'm moving slowly on my first bathroom project :) And new questions are popping out. They sound silly for professionals but I'm newbie :) The question: what thin-set...
  5. Ukrop

Liquid membrane over cement board

Hi there! I'm in preliminary stage of my bathroom reno - ripping old stuff out. And planning new stuff :) It's my first bathroom project - I read ALOT online that's why have questions :) I'm planning on putting cement boards on bathtub's alcove walls. From what I read I need to put membrane...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks