tub spout

1. Terry

American Standard Reliant tub/shower, but what model and parts?

American Standard, but what model and parts?
  2. RYAN OHARA

Moen tub spout impedes flow

I purchased a Moen kit to replace everything in my shower. The previous parts were old and corroded causing the tub spout to leak significantly. Now that I have installed the kit (though not the handle yet) the tub spout is not exactly perfect. While it no longer leaks during a shower, the...
  3. Wackerfire

Delta Mix Valve Tub Spout drop question

The manual for the delta mixing valve states you can have an 8-18” straight drop with a single 90* turn. My question is that I was hoping to have an offset valve handle for aesthetic reasons but I wouldn’t want an offset tub spout (or shower head). Does anyone know if it would be acceptable to...
  4. Terry

K-29724, K-6881 Tub spout not diverting well

Here is a gold tub faucet from 1981 that is not diverting well. I wonder if the diverter on this can be repaired. These are photos sent to me.
  5. HotHat

Dripping tub spout

I replaced a broken diverter spout a few weeks ago, and it went great. But two weeks ago—about 3 weeks after the replacement—it started dripping. First, it dripped longer and longer after baths and showers, but that’s increased to a constant, rapid drip, day and night. I’d read it could be...
  6. Terry

Delta RP5834 tub spout installation with pictures

Delta makes a good replacement tub spout that works with 1/2" iron pipe nipples or copper pipe. A lot of older homes from the 70's and older may have threaded nipples for tub spouts. Some newer ones are copper. This spout works with both, as long as you know how to solder copper and have the...
  7. Constance Lai

Delta Compel tub spout, 1-3/8" thread RP73372

I have tub spout that I cannot identify. See attached photos. The plastic insert in the spout has a female thread that is approximately 1-1/4" to 1-3/8" in diameter. Since I would like to replace it without taking the assembly off, any suggestions would greatly appreciated!
  8. 1st time Homewrecker

Tub spout to unthreaded brass pipe?

Goofed this up pretty good... We just bought our first house and I noticed the diverter on the tub spout was bad. I bought another, slip-on spout and was able to finally get the old spout off. The old spout was connected at the front of the spout (about 5 inches from the wall). The press...
  9. LMJones

Sterling Garden Tub Faucet?

I have a 20+ year old faucet that I would love to replace. Unfortunately, there is no access panel and noone seems to want to do it. Is there a way to tell from the photos what brand the spout is? The handles say Sterling, but every plumber we have had over to look at it says they are...
  10. StevenSheppard

Need help removing tub spout

I removed one spout quite easily just by unscrewing it, but this one won't budge at all. It has a strange line on the bottom that looks to me like it unscrews but I've been unable to unscrew it either. Any suggestions on how to remove this spout? Photos included: http://i.imgur.com/6rOqmYm.jpg...
  11. Ndl927

Stubborn tub spout.. help!

Hey, all. I'm trying to replace a tub spout (no set screw), but the old spout just won't come off. I've replaced one before and all it took was a wrench and some muscle to get it to twist off.. this one is giving me such a hard time. I've lubed it up with Liquid Wrench and let it sit, tried...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks