propane

1. water_tight

Propane Inlet Code & Inspection Confusion (IRC 2015)

This is for a new piping system to feed propane (LP) to a new gas stove in the State of Connecticut which is governed by International Residential Code 2015 (IRC 2015). According to "G2421.2 (410.2) MP Regulators": 5. A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed between...
  2. Will Nicholson

Tankless and Recirculation in two directions

Hi all, I'm in the final stages of building my own home in Bowie, Texas, and I have an opportunity to plumb the house with hot water recirculation lines, but I have a question about that. My water heater (propane tankless -- I'm open to suggestions) will be located in a room in the corner of...
  3. OldSalt

Direct Vent Gas Fireplace - Problems

Not sure if this forum handles these animals. Propane fireplaces seem to fit into a niche between plumbing, HVAC, and fireplace specialty stores. I have a Direct Vent Propane Gas Fireplace, with a problem. See picture below: Unit is a Vermont Castings (formerly Majestic) MLDV500PSC Unit...
  4. David Hollman

Takagi T-H3 - occasional ignition failure (code 111)

I have a Takagi tankless water heater that has had 4 failures to ignite over a period of 1-2 months. It is a T-H3-DV-P which burns propane and has outdoor intake & exhaust. In each case when I discovered the problem it showed error code 111. To remedy the issue all I needed to do was turn it...
  5. ConcreteJordan

Propane costs for an LP fired tankless boiler

I live in a country home in Southwestern Ontario. I currently have an outdoor wood boiler which works very well, but I am tired of the work involved to keep it fueled with wood. Also, I don't have a wood lot so I have to pay for the wood. It can cost $2000-3000 per season. And we make due...
  6. mcbklyn

Navien make whistling noise and sends propane in exhauset

Hi, I am homeowner trying to troubleshoot a problem with my heater. I have Navien NCB-240E installed 1 1/2 yrs ago (manufactured 2016) on propane. I have 500gl outside propane tank with 2 regulators (on the tank and on the house). A month ago after refill my Navien started to make short (1-3sec)...
  7. Jon E

Need boiler advice please

Hi, I'm here as a new forum user and could really use some advice. I have a 12-year-old timber-framed home that is covered with SIPs and has an ICF basement. Very well insulated. Live in southwestern VT about 40 miles northwest of Albany, NY. I have in-floor radiant heat in my basement...
  8. Santa Fe

Converting Rinnai RU80ip to Natural Gas

I have a RU80IP water heater that has never been used, but my gas is changing from Propane to NG. Rinnai gave me the part number for the conversion kit (103000028) and told me to get it online. Neither one carries this. A general google search came up empty. Any ideas on where to look for...
  9. HHFields

Electric vs. Propane

I currently have a 2 year old Rheem Electric 40 Gallon Hot Water heater. I am considering changing to a 50 Gallon Power Vent Propane water heater, because of the following; After a 15-20 minute shower, and 10 minutes of no water water running, the next person to get a shower has about 5 minutes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks