design

1. Tomject

Is there a standard for sewer depth below slab for a single story home?

I'm converting my garage to an ADU (aka mother in-law home) and as part of the project, am connecting to the sewer in our house about 25' away. Not having designed a 1st floor bath on a slab before- I'm wondering if there is a standard for how deep I should be trying to get the sewer line when...
  2. Kecarbaugh

Snow melt system design

I’m in process of designing a snowmelt system for my outbuilding apron and entry door landing. Given the price of tankless water heaters being cheaper than a boiler, I thought that I could possibly utilize a modulating circulation pump, changing the flow, to externally modulate the tankless...
  3. Matthew Shultz

New Construction - Multifamily

Hey all, I'm a plumbing designer working in Texas - I have designed my fair share of apartments. Does anyone work as a plumbing contractor in the state, specifically with multifamily jobs? I have a few dissenting opinions in the office on the best way to route a typical bathroom. I've done HWV...
  4. RickNewfoundland

Building new cabin. Need help with plumbing layout.

I have been reading the forum for a few years getting info as I need it, now I need some help in figuring out my layout for plumbing a new cabin for me. The cabin will be slab on grade. Where I am building it, there is no inspectors for plumbing, only main power company for new electrical...
  5. Edward Louie

Ok to Use Double Elbow Vertically?

Hello. I am planning out the DWV for a tiny house on wheels. As a result, I don't have a crawlspace or a below grade in the slab space to work with. To keep the DWV from freezing I'm routing the horizontal runs just under the subfloor. I plan on cutting and sloping a channel in the rigid foam...
  6. Taylor Love

Building a Minecraft pixel art generator

You may already know me as @Terry 's son. A lot of times I'll be there during the upgrades or technical processes around the website. He mainly enjoys plumbing, and I mainly enjoy the software side of things. Of course we both enjoy skiing and karaoke. In my own time, when not busy at work, or...
  7. calj

Troubleshooting Main Drainpipe Leakage & Possible Washer Standpipe Design Issue(s)

I would like to get your recommendations on troubleshooting and fixing main drainpipe leakage and possible washer standpipe design issue(s). Background: One of our younger relatives remodeled our laundry room in our basement a couple of years ago and we have had some issues with our plumbing...
  8. herynkc

Looking for feedback on Drain and Vent Layout for Home Remodel

I accidentally posted this in the remodel forum first. I am now reposting here since I think it is more appropriate. The attached diagram shows the design that I am planning on going with. It is a single family home with an income apartment in the basement. Totaling 2 kitchens, 2 full...
  9. chad_w

Wet Vent / DWV Design Question

Have a question regarding a DWV system a plumber installed in a new build for me which utilizes a wet vent. Apologies for the crude drawing which does not accurately show length, but schematically it is correct. Key information: 1) PVC DWV System on 2nd story and spans 2 rooms. Bathroom and...
  10. Davie

Hydronic Design in Toronto

Hi all, I'm doing a reno of my 100-year old, semi-detached, 2-storey, double-brick Edwardian house, and I intend to replace the existing forced air system with an in-floor radiant system. The house is 500sq.ft. per level with an unfinished full size basement. (So 1000sq.ft. of living space...
  11. Skytland

Feedback on Mountain Water Supply System Design

I'm looking for advice on the design of pump system to supply water to our house which is located at elevation on a mountain. The best solution would be our own private well, but drilling a well is not feasible due to the unknown cost and also because we are on a large granite mountain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks