ao smith

1. M

1985 AO Smith conservationist

I have an old AO Smith gas water heater model PGCS 40 and it does not seem that the burner cover plate is designed to be removed even after taking out the 3 screws and detaching everything. This is the exact same one that I have but I found this picture on reddit. Anyone have a clue on how to...
  2. Katie Zapata

Gas water heater problems

Hello I have an AO Smith 50 gal gas water heater . It is making a noise like if something tried to blow up inside? Like a gust of wind then a boom.. it's happened 3 times. And also after I light the pilot it makes a noise like if wind is going through the flame or like the flame is getting...
  3. Dielectricunion

Rinnai loud exhaust on startup

I installed an Rinnai gas tankless for a friend of mine last year. He said when they turn on the shower every morning, it lets out a loud deep rumble from the exhaust (PVC). He described it as sounding like a didgeridoo. I did not check the gas pressure when I installed it but it is hard piped...
  4. coloradoHO

Help Choosing a Gas Water Heater

I've never been able to use the jetted tub in the house I purchased, primarily because I currently have a 40 gallon gas power vent water heater. It's 15 years old this year so I figure its time for a new one. The house has 2.5 bathrooms, but the master has the big tub and two shower heads in the...
  5. stalion529

Help!! New Water Heater Gas and Water Pipes not aligned

Hi, I am replaced a 22-year old 75 Gallon AO Smith Water Heater. The Gas black iron pipe currently would end up coming too low and the hot and cold copper pipes are too narrow. 1) For the Gas pipe, my union is on the horizontal after the elbow with sediment trap, if i want to continue with...
  6. Chris Christianson

Help with AO Smith GDHE 50 install

I purchased an AO Smith GDHE 50 from a local builders outlet store for $1000. I have it all installed with the exception of the exhaust. The condensate drains from the bottom exhaust port through a drain that I believe was supposed to come with the unit. Mine of course did not. I see an AO...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks