pumps

1. Medwar

Beat the drought! Pumping & filtering a seeping spring

The drought is upon us here in the west, and I'm finally getting around to tapping a seeping (~ 1 gpm) spring in a seasonal creek on our property. Goal is to pump the water about 30 ft. vertically, and 80 ft. linearly to a ~500 gallon holding tank. Its unclear what our rights are to the water...
  2. Jack-of-All-Trades

Boosting Pressure On Artesian Well System

Our conventional hot water heater went bad. Always looking to save money wherever I can, I installed a Stiebel Eltron Tankless Electric Water Heater DHC-E 8/10 224201 240V, 7.2/9.6kW. It requires a minimum amount pressure to activate. Manufacturer recommends minimum of 30 PSI. We have an...
  3. Matthew Edmonds

What pump do I need to supply house?

the community I live in is currently and for the foreseeable near future does not have a water supply due to flooding. so as a temporary situation I have a 500 gallon tank that i was just carrying water into the house and living out of gallon jugs and buckets but I want to try to hook this...
  4. Paleomedia

Is it ok to blow air through pump?

Hi -- I need to pressure up my radiant heat loops to 100 psi for an inspection... is it ok to blow air through the pumps with a compressor? I have two Grundfos ups15-35sfc pumps with check valves in and don't want to damage them. Will the check valves and one way valves all hold 100 psi air...
  5. rlrolfe

Shallow Free Flowing Well With 1/2 horse Submersible Pump

I have a shallow well about 50 ft. with 1/2 horse submersible pump, 230 volts that sits approx. 25 ft. in well. I just replaced the pump that was 16 years old that failed. I installed a Flotec 1/2 horse to match the existing failed Franklin Pump. Both have the capacity to pump 10 GPM. I replaced...
  6. Terry

Ask the pump experts at Terry Love Forums

The pump experts are here to help. Not me, the pump experts :)
  7. Jennifer B

Pump suggestions?

Hi, I am wondering if there is a booster type pump that is designed to purposely turn itself off when it starts to pump air. I understand that some pumps will shut themselves off if they are stressed by pulling air, but I am talking about a pump that is happily designed for that function. My...
  8. Andre ROUSSEAU

Torque-arresters for Sub-Pumps....

Hi, I have read some interesting discussions from back in 2010 on the subject of anti-torque stops. These mainly describe the waisted expanding bladder type. Another type I've seen a photo of resembles a curved-spoked wheel reminiscent of the circular support disc on the end of a ski-pole. Does...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks