backflow

1. D

ASSE Backflow certification renewal.

Hello all, Been a lurker for a long time. Decided to join the fun. my question is I had my ASSE Michigan Backflow tester certification. I went to renew and now they are. Telling me since I am not a Master plumber in Michigan I can’t renew. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. I work for a...
  2. Mitch Schneider

Cold water in hot line in 1 of 4 bathroom faucets

I hav a dilemma here. My master bathroom sink faucet runs cold water on both sides. If I turn the cold supply line off hot water returns. I replaced the kitchen single hole faucet today to a regular two controlled faucet. All bathrooms are dual controlled showers and sinks and all run hot and...
  3. Jesika Froman

Backflow preventer

I'm constructing a commercial kitchen in my garage. The plumber we hired installed a hot and a cold line-like a spigot- for the mop sink. Our code requires the mop sink to have a backflow preventer. What is that, and can I install one the way it is now, or will we have to install an actual faucet?
  4. silent bob

Concerning backflow [water contamination] issue, advice needed

hello everyone. i recently discovered that the water supply line to my toilet (that feeds the upper tank) has developed black mold. this is what the other side looks like (inside of the shut off valve coming out of the wall): what concerns me, is this: to my knowledge there aren't any...
  5. Conde

Rough plumbing layout w/ backwater check valve.

I am refinishing my basement adding a 3/4 bath and laundry room. I am in MN and we adopted IPC 2012 this year so I need a backwater check since my basement is below the next upstream manhole. In order to make the backwater check valve accessible I am locating it in a utility closest. In my...
  6. kissiffer4

Sprinkler backflow preventer - leaking through the top on certain zones

Hi, I recently started up my sprinkler system and having got past the first hurdle (replacing a valve), the backflow preventer is now causing problems by leaking a ton of water through the top. Strange thing is, it is only on certain sprinkler zones that it is happening. I cycled through each...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks